Wouldn't it make botters useless if GGG sold currency on there website?

"
"
blazer572 wrote:
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if alot of game companies are behind these botting/selling sites. I remember an article I read on yahoo a long time ago that 3 decently sized game companies were accused of selling items and currency on selling sites that were actually the games companies running those sites and profiting off of it but denied the claims. After the game companies declined the claims, those websites shortly after disappeared.

Yahoo? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The same article was on other news sites as well such as msn.com, and nbc.
Cant understand a guy with 40 challenges with a mind so poor.

Dont play the game, just pay someone to play it for you and make the 40 challenges every league.
"
HoockBr wrote:
Cant understand a guy with 40 challenges with a mind so poor.

Dont play the game, just pay someone to play it for you and make the 40 challenges every league.

what does me having 40 challenges have to do with anything I have said?
Why the fuck would you wanna turn PoE into a paytowin game, because of some botters that don't even affect anyone realistically lmao? Gtfo...
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Slippery Slope.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I think the answer to the question is yes it would probably do away with most of the third party RMT transactions and thereby stop botting. I think it would stop most of the third party RMT transactions in PoE for two reasons. First, GGG would run the third party RMT PoE folks out of town because people would just buy from GGG instead of the third parties. Second, so many people would stop playing PoE that they wouldn't have all that many players left in PoE to sell to anyway.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Selling currency makes botters useless but it also makes playing the game unrewarding and a competition of wallets.
Choose wisely.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
the reason why most companies offer their ingame stuff for $$$ is to make money ... and offer a way for those folks who got money but lack the playtime due to whatever reasons to catch up ingame those blessed with unlimited playtime.

i've never been a fan of rmt, rather than companies having diminished returns on playtime. sadly poe only has the rng to compensate people like me, wish there would be more.

offering orbs for sale would be outright stupid. because you can't win a deflationary war against botters. they will certainly be able to underbid every price you make which doesn't ruin the game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 19, 2018, 7:45:07 AM
That's actually something I've given serious thought, even as far back as the D2 days.

The problem is that you run the risk of pay to win.

I know that City of Heroes before it shut down had started selling character upgrades direct. Given the outcome, I'd be doubtful that the additional revenue was worth the impact on the game, albeit I'm sure it wasn't the only factor in that game's demise.

"Legitimizing" RMT can't really work because it never outweighs the consequence. If I could just buy whatever virtual items I need to hunt for more virtual items, that means plenty of others would to.

What use is there to play and hunt for more items if so few actually have need of said items?
Yep, totally over league play.
I believe there can only be so many cosmetics you can make, so many stash tabs you can make before you run out of ways to make money in a game like this. No one knows how much money RMTing can provide in this game, it could be very little to alot but I would like to think its quite a bit because it's not going away and only growing it appears. This is money that GGG is losing and the thing is people may leave the game if they did something like this but how many newer players may this bring into the game? The amount of newer players brought on because of something like this could outweigh the amount that leave. GGG wants a growing game or a continuous stream of newer players, I really wouldnt be surprised if this really does get implemented sooner rather than later with some constraints of course but again thats just my opinion. I'm not going to pull a % out of my butt but there isn't that many players that progress very far in this game because its a very grindy/rng game and I'm betting alot of people would play this game MUCH more if they were able to "boost" or "avoid" some of that Rng or grind. Heck, they have loot boxes and people say thats pretty evil but this idea I'm questioning is apparently too much. I really just don't see the difference really.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info