Wouldn't it make botters useless if GGG sold currency on there website?

"
blazer572 wrote:
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if alot of game companies are behind these botting/selling sites. I remember an article I read on yahoo a long time ago that 3 decently sized game companies were accused of selling items and currency on selling sites that were actually the games companies running those sites and profiting off of it but denied the claims. After the game companies declined the claims, those websites shortly after disappeared.

If you can abuse it. It gets abused. Disgusting behavior.
(⌐■_■)
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
blazer572 wrote:
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if alot of game companies are behind these botting/selling sites. I remember an article I read on yahoo a long time ago that 3 decently sized game companies were accused of selling items and currency on selling sites that were actually the games companies running those sites and profiting off of it but denied the claims. After the game companies declined the claims, those websites shortly after disappeared.

The third largest shareholder of GGG sold poe items on his rmt websites for years.

I remember that too but I thought it was debunked or something but I also thought the same things as lowbudget and figured why wouldn't they maybe have an rmt site to make some extra cash, doubt anyone could prove it.
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
As the title states, if GGG just decided to sell currency for $$$ wouldn't that make it useless for people to bot really, other than of course for the sake of botting. RMTers would pretty much be useless, GGG could get extra $$$ and I know plenty of people would buy it. I'm guessing its a fear of negative backlash is why its no in the shop?

No, and you are an idiot to think that it would lessen botting in any way.

It's pay to win and removes any challenge the game has by giving any twat with a big wallet a way to bypass everything in the game to craft their GG gear/uniques/6 links

It also give the people that bot for RMT purposes a standard price to undercut (see D3 real money AH)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Ive never seen it debunked, not even remotely. I saw the response chris made to it and imo it was very, very far from putting any thinking minds at ease.

regarding selling the orbs officially on the website, its basically curing the problem of bots hurting the games economy by destroying the economy and the game as a whole by turning it into a pay to win corpse. Chopping off someones head stops their cancer spreading, but I dunno if it qualifies as a cure if thats what ur after.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
The third largest shareholder of GGG sold poe items on his rmt websites for years.

Was that during his time as a shareholder or maybe before? Perhaps there's some insider info GGG got with having such an important person involved with the company?

I look at this the same way I'd look at people complaining about Google hiring a former notorious "hacker" to help keep their systems safe. Makes sense to me but I don't know how involved a simple investor is/was with GGG.
I wouldn't oppose this option in a separate league, like Self-Found.. Unlike the current Self-Found, your character could never leave SSF.. Thus there would be no trading issues..

I am one of those older players, who loves the game but doesn't have the time to spend the hours needed to experience all the content the game provides.. (end game bosses etc.)

So I am more then willing to pay a small amount to obtain better gear, six link an item etc.. during each new league..

Yes there is Standard, but I have a difficult time playing it (rarely ever do) when a new league comes out, afraid I'll miss something the new league provides.. ;)

Not holding my breath this will ever happen... Again, I wouldn't be opposed to it..
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
As the title states, if GGG just decided to sell currency for $$$ wouldn't that make it useless for people to bot really, other than of course for the sake of botting. RMTers would pretty much be useless, GGG could get extra $$$ and I know plenty of people would buy it. I'm guessing its a fear of negative backlash is why its no in the shop?

No, and you are an idiot to think that it would lessen botting in any way.

It's pay to win and removes any challenge the game has by giving any twat with a big wallet a way to bypass everything in the game to craft their GG gear/uniques/6 links

It also give the people that bot for RMT purposes a standard price to undercut (see D3 real money AH)

lol calm down there Sally. I'm sure there has been some big crafts made and the people making such crafts have been accused of purchasing the currency needed to craft things. Same goes for people who are very rich have been accused of RMTing. There isn't really a big difference between what I'm asking and the other. The difference is that everyone can now do it and its not a bannable offense while also supporting the game. The other does not support the game and only a few select people benefit from doing it and also if you get caught your banned.
"
Thadenkeen wrote:
I wouldn't oppose this option in a separate league, like Self-Found.. Unlike the current Self-Found, your character could never leave SSF.. Thus there would be no trading issues..

I am one of those older players, who loves the game but doesn't have the time to spend the hours needed to experience all the content the game provides.. (end game bosses etc.)

So I am more then willing to pay a small amount to obtain better gear, six link an item etc.. during each new league..

Yes there is Standard, but I have a difficult time playing it (rarely ever do) when a new league comes out, afraid I'll miss something the new league provides.. ;)

Not holding my breath this will ever happen... Again, I wouldn't be opposed to it..

See this is a valid option if they went for doing it, and people couldn't really scream about how it would negatively effect the game.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:

It would be more akin to a private drug rehab facility having a major shareholder who sold crack to their patients during the first 5 years of business but then stopped after making a bunch of money.

shortly followed by his other shareholder mates unexpectedly selling their shares for a bunch of money.

unrelated? when the cow dies its time to sell beef? we will never know.
"
blazer572 wrote:

Yahoo? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info