Wouldn't it make botters useless if GGG sold currency on there website?

As the title states, if GGG just decided to sell currency for $$$ wouldn't that make it useless for people to bot really, other than of course for the sake of botting. RMTers would pretty much be useless, GGG could get extra $$$ and I know plenty of people would buy it. I'm guessing its a fear of negative backlash is why its no in the shop?
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2018, 2:22:12 PM
I'm not saying this is an accurate analogy, but I just enjoy analogies so I'm gonna go right ahead and say it.

Wouldn't it make hospitals useless if we just shot everyone who was sick instead? If nurses just decided to shoot sick people wouldn't that make it useless for people to waste medicine really, other than of course for the sake of wasting medicine. Doctors would pretty much be useless, health spending departments could get extra $$$ and I know plenty of people would rather get shot than live on through the pain. I'm guessing its a fear of negative backlash is why its no in the healthcare provider systems?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Aug 16, 2018, 11:57:55 AM
"
adghar wrote:
I'm not saying this is an accurate analogy, but I just enjoy analogies so I'm gonna go right ahead and say it.

Wouldn't it make hospitals useless if we just shot everyone who was sick instead? If nurses just decided to shoot sick people wouldn't that make it useless for people to waste medicine really, other than of course for the sake of wasting medicine. Doctors would pretty much be useless, health spending departments could get extra $$$ and I know plenty of people would rather get shot than live on through the pain. I'm guessing its a fear of negative backlash is why its no in the healthcare provider systems?

lol oooohhh k
lol, this guy. No it wouldn't.
It would change the game so much that they would need to get a whole new set of players. Since PoE has been quite successful with the bunch of players it currently has, why would they want to trash that and start over again with a new batch?

It's not going to happen. They deal with botters. They'll keep dealing with them. But to ruin their game by making it P2W doesn't make any sense at all.

By the way... it's "their"... not "there".
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 16, 2018, 1:07:14 PM
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
As the title states, if GGG just decided to sell currency for $$$ wouldn't that make it useless for people to bot really, other than of course for the sake of botting. RMTers would pretty much be useless, GGG could get extra $$$ and I know plenty of people would buy it. I'm guessing its a fear of negative backlash is why its no in the shop?

Will never happen.

But, for the sake of argument, why do you think this will kill RMT?

Lets say GGG sell an EX for 20$, what stops RMT bots selling Ex at 15$ and simply competing?

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:

Will never happen.

But, for the sake of argument, why do you think this will kill RMT?

Lets say GGG sell an EX for 20$, what stops RMT bots selling Ex at 15$ and simply competing?

~Myth

If RMT is illegal, why take the chance when you can purchase from GGG. I think after awhile it becomes less profitable for someone to RMT when it really doesn't cost anything for GGG to put something like this in place. When it was announced that GGG sold most of it stocks away, you had players stating they won't be purchasing anymore cosmetics or spend money towards GGG. If this even becomes true, how would GGG make money really? This could be a way for them to bring in extra cash, reduce bots, and make RMTing pretty useless. Also, I doubt people really meant what they said about not spending anymore money towards GGG, its an empty threat. If GGG did something like I'm talking about right now, I'm sure you would have alot of players complaining but I doubt yet again anything would really happen negatively towards GGG, it would probably end up being a pretty profitable experience for them.
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:

If RMT is illegal, why take the chance when you can purchase from GGG. I think after awhile it becomes less profitable for someone to RMT when it really doesn't cost anything for GGG to put something like this in place. When it was announced that GGG sold most of it stocks away, you had players stating they won't be purchasing anymore cosmetics or spend money towards GGG. If this even becomes true, how would GGG make money really? This could be a way for them to bring in extra cash, reduce bots, and make RMTing pretty useless. Also, I doubt people really meant what they said about not spending anymore money towards GGG, its an empty threat. If GGG did something like I'm talking about right now, I'm sure you would have alot of players complaining but I doubt yet again anything would really happen negatively towards GGG, it would probably end up being a pretty profitable experience for them.

It would do none of that.

People would leave in DROVES. One of the biggest appeals of PoE is that it isn't P2W (keeping the stash tab argument out of this).

People said all kinds of things when Chris and the other investors (not GGG), sold their personal stake in GGG to Tencent.

Here we are, 2 leagues in, nothing has happened, content still going ahead, PoE numbers still rising.

They don't need to risk going P2W. I can tell you personally, the day GGG allows something as stupid as buying currency or gear for $, is the day I leave without a second thought. Even Blizzard was smart enough to realize that a RMAH (which isnt quite what you are suggesting, but it isnt far) is not good for an ARPG.

They have a very loyal fanbase and they clearly seem to make enough money off them.

~Myth
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if alot of game companies are behind these botting/selling sites. I remember an article I read on yahoo a long time ago that 3 decently sized game companies were accused of selling items and currency on selling sites that were actually the games companies running those sites and profiting off of it but denied the claims. After the game companies declined the claims, those websites shortly after disappeared.
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:

My guess is they did a cost-analysis benefit and saw it'd be a bad for the company image and profits. imo, games that allow RMT currency or items end up being toxic and dead. It makes incentives for players and the company to abuse the system as much as they can.
(⌐■_■)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info