Movement Skills

When are these going to get a re-vamp/update?

Nothing feels as bad in this game (besides the idiotic one-shots and inescapable DOTs... oh, wait, that's Delve) than creeping along like a slug hoping to find those magic boots that give some movement speed. And still creeping along...

While shield chargers, whirling bladers, and somewhat leap slammers zoom across the maps nigh on instantly.

Bow skills and spellcasters need their associated movement skills revamped to be just as efficacious as shield charge and whirling blades - rather than having to resort to them to get around. It's not like the associated skills actually do any worthwhile damage unless *carefully* built around.

Reduce the cooldown on blink/mirror arrow; or allow the user to entirely remove the timer and the clone.

Remove the charges on flame dash or dramatically reduce the ramp-up time for lightning warp. Shield charge needs *NO* sockets to make it useful, whereas lightning warp needs 3 or 4 just to be moderately useful.

These are movement skills, I think most players would be just fine if they did little or no damage at all but allowed them to keep up with the melee movement skills that are a must in the game as it is now.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2018, 3:58:36 AM
MS boots are very simple to acquire.
edit - I agree about the CD on Lightning Warp and the fact that it REQUIRES 2 other gems to be effective.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Aug 14, 2018, 10:42:30 AM
QotF.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
You've exaggerated, but I totally agree that MS is too important on boots. I'll pretty much ignore any boots with less than 25% and it better have something really good going for it to make me go that low. For leveling up, it's pretty much the highest I can find.

Wouldn't mind at all if they raised base rate and lowered the effectiveness of +%MS.
I'm kind of in the opposite boat. I'd rather movement skills be like flame dash where they are skills to reposition your character in a tough spot rather then replace your movement. This would also require base movement to go up a notch and add some more movement speed options on the tree/gear.

You could also on top of that add in gear/enchants/passive/asc class nodes/etc that have an effect on said movement. So it becomes possible to obtain high levels of movement but only with the proper investment. Movement skill + Faster Attacks is not in investment.

But I realize that we have had this kind of movement for a long time now with no update from GGG. So they would probably piss off a lot of people doing it my way. So yeah, your probably right and they should do something the weaker movement options. Maybe even add in 1 or 2 more.

The gap between movement skills is a big issue for build diversity, some item bases are almost dead due to that ( staffs for example ) and it wouldn't hurt to see some changes here.
Hf :)
I expect a shield charge update.
The skill currently aborts at the smallest pebble on the ground.
It feels nice on large and flat surfaces, granted your map/world zone generated these.
On the other hand you have leap slam, which is initially awful with no + attack speed but is superior in all cases (to shield charge) if you have a lot of it since you can close gaps much easier.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
Heli0nix wrote:
The gap between movement skills is a big issue for build diversity, some item bases are almost dead due to that ( staffs for example ) and it wouldn't hurt to see some changes here.

Turning the pole into some sort of charging thrust to impale that also has a small AOE at the end would be cool. It'd basically be S.Charge, but sans the shield.

I still want a Cold based movement skill that has something Ice related. Maybe tie it into having chilled ground to skate on? Ice Princess Witch builds galore <3
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:

I still want a Cold based movement skill that has something Ice related. Maybe tie it into having chilled ground to skate on? Ice Princess Witch builds galore <3

Yes please been waiting ages for a Cold movement skill.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:

Yes please been waiting ages for a Cold movement skill.

Indeed, could be hella cool (pun intended).

"Ice Skate" - creates an ice carving at your initial location and chilled ground to your desired location (very narrow path) along which the character 'skates'. Character passes through intervening mobs, chilling them briefly, and can create an 'ice bridge' over differing elevations & gaps. Upon reaching the destination the character creates a small radius of chilled ground that fades over [X] seconds. The carving lasts a couple of seconds and, in that duration, is similar to Frost Bomb (life regen reduction, reduced cold res - though with less radius and effect) at the end of which it explodes sending shards of ice in random directions (10 +1 per 2 levels).

Skill has a brief cooldown (1s, which can be reduced). Rapidly Ice Skating through an area will result in multiple carvings. Unfortunately, reducing the cooldown reduces the timer on the carving; likewise increasing the duration on the carving slows the cooldown timer.

Skill is a spell. Carving shards are treated as projectiles.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on Aug 15, 2018, 12:07:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info