This got my attention regarding the new league.

"
Picture this: an underground dungeon that gets progressively more challenging — and rewarding — the deeper you go, and there is no end. Not no end in sight, but no end. An infinite dungeon.

What does that mean? Can i exspect after a thoudsand dungeons, or however it works that it is actually a thoudsand times harder?
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2018, 5:47:01 PM
Im guessing it will be similar to D3 GR...at some point no build will be able to go deeper. One meta build to rule them all...a fun way to challenge the most elite mirror gear builds...for most of us it'll just be something new and hopefully fun.
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Last edited by Ain_Soph_Aur on Aug 12, 2018, 6:22:48 PM
you will get to a point where mobs drop exalt orbs instead of wisdom scrolls
"
spoc002 wrote:
you will get to a point where mobs drop exalt orbs instead of wisdom scrolls

You can do this already with Mirrors.
Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:
Im guessing it will be similar to D3 GR...at some point no build will be able to go deeper. One meta build to rule them all...a fun way to challenge the most elite mirror gear builds...for most of us it'll just be something new and hopefully fun.

i want to place my bet on RF, that new staff seems quite a boost to RF builds
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

we r heading towards the same death path of "d3".

Only a few meta builds can push the furthest > everyone changes to the meta coz only metas allows u to push furthest for better loot > No more build diversity.

This means the only differentiating factor between players would be mirror gear which is the same for d3.

Will we see primal gears for poe soon?
"
dunaskmey wrote:

Only a few meta builds can push the furthest > everyone changes to the meta coz only metas allows u to push furthest for better loot > No more build diversity.

This means the only differentiating factor between players would be mirror gear which is the same for d3.

its not going to happen, because speed running some shit tier burial chambers with garbo mf gear will still be more profitable, and the best loot will still be shaper and elder rares that are locked into the map system.
"
dunaskmey wrote:

Nope. We'll all just have to switch to SSF. Trade league always will be considered a joke.
"
dunaskmey wrote:

So far I'm optimistic. Why? Because even when GGG copies blizz, it improves on that recipe. That being said I'm not a big fan of anything infinite, we'll just have to wait and see first hand.
Second-class poe gamer
Well the problem is, like Chris said, player retention.

Anyone who has played any league in the past knows that they are all ghost towns by month 2. There are basically 2 kinds of players (to overgeneralize)

1) Casual players who take their time through content and will probably not make it to the very endgame
2) Much more committed players (in terms of time) who will get their 40/40 or 36/0 or w/e league goal, beat the end game bosses and then quit

There are two issues now imo.

First: GGG balances around 2. This isn't inherently bad, but it is when it actively screws over group 1.
Second: Players quitting 4-5 weeks into league is not a great thing. Even the ones who stick it out are generally bored. Delve addresses this quite well. It gives those players a goal while having little to no impact on group 1. The fact that group 2 will push further and gain even more money doesnt affect group 1 because group 2 already earns way more currency than group 1 players will ever see.

I totally think GGG should make delve as a core game inclusion to give players something to do once they are done with the map 'endgame'. Once your build can farm uber elders comfortably, that 0.1% of the playerbase has nothing to do. Delve addresses that and does it (for once) without completely screwing over the casual players. There is now an actual reason to play the league past 36/40.

~Myth
Last edited by Mythkiller on Aug 13, 2018, 4:13:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info