The Sun div card is broken

I had the bright idea of trying SSF for the first time and checking out RF because I haven't played it in a while. Yeah RF is a little tough to start with but there is a div card for ROTP that drops in act 8 and it shouldn't be too hard to farm. I thought, ROTP isn't a rare unique and drops at a pretty low levels so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Farming for a few hours to get an item that will make the build work would really be a great way to try SSF by taking advantage of the div card system.

Well, it turns out the Sun card is broken. I went from 58-76 without finding a single card. That isn't just bad RNG, thats bad design. Why is this card so rare?

Last bumped on Aug 14, 2018, 3:44:54 PM
You leveled to 76 in act 8, Solaris Temple level 1?

That must have been pain.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
At some point during that I would start wondering whether the card actually drops in the area you are looking for it. Drop rates and locations of cards can and do change between leaguespansions.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 12, 2018, 1:36:52 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
At some point during that I would start wondering whether the card actually drops in the area you are looking for it. Drop rates and locations of cards can and do change between leaguespansions.

Well he was farming the correct location but the card is probably indeed rare.
I found one while going through the story.

It's also worth noting that you start getting a drop penalty after some levels.
"
Fapmobile wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

Well he was farming the correct location but the card is probably indeed rare.
I found one while going through the story.

It's also worth noting that you start getting a drop penalty after some levels.

This is likely the correct answer. The drop penalty applies only to currency, not gear, and cards are considered currency afaik.

A general rule of thumb for xp and drops is +/-5 levels. The drop penalty doesnt apply to 68+ zones iirc.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Aug 12, 2018, 5:53:51 AM
I tried it in act 8 and never found a card, pretty much assumed it was bugged and only dropped in the T9 temple as i did actually find some there
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

It's pretty stupid that we're not given new locations, and everyone has to guess for very low drop rate cards.
"
Eninya wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

It's pretty stupid that we're not given new locations, and everyone has to guess for very low drop rate cards.

Yes it is very discouraging, though it is nice when you are one of the ones who finds where a new drop is.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
In bestiary i farmed jungle that is on elder ring with IIQ char for windripper div card. In some 100 maps with 8 mods maps, sextants, max party and you name it, i found 2 cards and friend got me one.
Seem balanced because you need 7 and get probably crap roll... Div cards are crap, now with sextant and elder ring getting extinct and boots ruining the market its jut killing the hope.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Aug 13, 2018, 11:55:38 PM
You should have de-leveled to stay within NO PENALTY for currency level limit!!!
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info