melee?

can we get melee fixed? what about 2 handed weapons... melee seems to be forgotten for the longest time.
Last bumped on Aug 11, 2018, 3:17:42 PM
"
bquast wrote:
can we get melee fixed? what about 2 handed weapons... melee seems to be forgotten for the longest time.

had the same thoughts yesterday when my disfavour cycloner couldn't manage to bring down an important incursion boss in 10 seconds in a t13 map.

130k damage with haste/vaal haste + 5 linked warchief, think i'm going elemental dmg next league.
We can only Dream.

Projectile builds clearing 2 screens in every direction is apparently fine.
Melee? Almost half screen coverage with big investments? Better gut that fucking AoE!

Would love to see more options for crit, on the left side on the tree.
Would love to see some juicy or unique 2h nodes behind RT.
"
bquast wrote:

I'm sure they can fix melee to your liking after reading your post.
fix melee? GGG can't even get melee targeting right (an issue which every other ARPG never had ever). They gave that up a long time a go by trying to turn melee into range and calling it melee (2.4-now). You are not supposed to be playing melee anyway. you are going to lose your mind.

For those who have already lost their damn minds or even was around during the closed beta and watched the shit get worse and worse I have some advice:

If not throw as much shade as you can until the eagles arrive.

SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut because his armor and evasion both failed...again)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
"
bquast wrote:

don't ask for any fixes of any kind. just ask for new leagues and new mtx
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Melee is the bastard child of POE.

Everyone pays lip service to it but the game has problems with it and so do players. On the other if you become some kind of elf dancer things aren't quite so bad. lol
ya i'd like to see more crit options on the left side of the tree, for sure.
"
Antigegner wrote:
just ask for new leagues and new mtx

i'd like a dime-coin pet that hovers after you, shouting things in Chinese periodically: "hey, you're too close to my island! get away!" and "HOW DARE YOU MENTION WINNIE THE POOOoOOoH!"
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Vaal Double Strike was an amazing step in the right direction. Melee has shit risk/reward, shit AoE and shit reach. It SHOULD be the king of single-target and GGG seems to finally be latching onto the concept that other RPG developers discovered decades ago. Unfortunately, statsticks are the only thing keeping melee skills like Double Strike even vaguely relevant and those are getting canned in the near future. Chris Wilson said they're looking to nerf dual wielding, not buff two-handers. Double Strike was likely just a happy accident in GGG's stunningly incompetent history of trying to make melee work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info