Delve = Death of Hardcore

I think it's kind of hilarious that a certain segment of hardcore players mock softcore players; yet, many if these same players autolog with even a whiff of death approaching.

If Auto log continues to work the same way in hardcore for delve people are going to run into the darkness for "better" loot and then logout... Especially if they feel like they're about as deep as they want to risk
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
I am not a HC player.

But I would think something like this is exactly what a HC player would want? You'll continue delving till you hit a point where you have to make a real choice.

"That was close, do I go deeper or stay at this level for a while for better gear?"

Right now, what is the real thrill of HC once you have a build that has completed maps and done uber elder/shaper etc? You're only reliving the same thrill. Whereas here you'd get to push your HC build to its limits. If your point was for newer players, they are gonna die to one-shots outside maps anyway till they learn HC-viable builds vs SC. At the very endgame, without delve, there is an 'end' to 'first-time' thrills for HC builds (and SC builds to a degree. Killing uber elder for the 30th time is not the same feeling as killing it the first).

Why does it matter that SC players will push deeper and way more haphazardly? There is a reason it is separate leagues with separate ladders.

~Myth
In most of the cases taking reckless risks is not welcome on HC. It's not about not taking risks, as HC players do on a general basis, but about avoiding encounters with very high death potential.

There's also the misconception that HC players like the thrill of playing with death and literally enjoying the adrenaline rush. They mostly don't.

The point of HC is to push a char as far as you can, with a single life. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
In many aspects HC gameplay ain't different than SC. You just make sturdier builds and avoid doing stupid things. You can't afford it.

That said, the league mechanics contradicts completely to HC.
Darkness is deadly, like certain death. You can't build around mitigating it's impact. League forces you to take unnecessary risks where the smallest misstep will likely result in a certain death. At least if you intend to interact with the league at all. You are urged to move at certain pace, defined by something else but not your will. Increases the chances for a mistake.

From a HC perspective, dakness is the deadliest mechanic created so far in this game.
The risk is so unnecessary high to take and impact is mostly lethal. That it makes of it the definition of an anti-HC mechanic. Even lab traps are more forgiving.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
DasName wrote:
"
Farfan wrote:
there is a thing called logout macro, guys and girls.
many of these suicide players use it and just go on.

You do realize that scaling delves sooner or later reach the point of Onehit wonders?
While SC players will try, die, and sooner or later succed, HC players won't.
It's basicly a complete new game at this point.

It's like an overtuned league but unless other leagues in the past the usual HC approach: whining and complaining until GGG nerves it, won'T work this time.

sounds like you already played the league...the fact that you didnt, makes this such a non sense post.

since when do hc players fear one shots? lol
"
pr13st wrote:
Greater rifts with PoE difficulty/ one shot mechanics? you better believe it.
This.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
For more casual players HC will be a tougher decision than before because of Delve, but for the streamers/serious HC players this league will be fantastic. Seeing them go deeper and deeper in greed for loot/fame will increase the monkaS -frequency by a LOT and be extremely entertaining to watch over burial chamber grinding. Sure, there will still be people pushing the 100 and do the usual map thing, but after first couple days many will start pushing for the deep :D Personally HC is out of the question since I am such a derp, but I will for sure have a couple streams open and watch the show :D
Last edited by arknath on Aug 11, 2018, 8:51:39 AM
"
Farfan wrote:

sounds like you already played the league...the fact that you didnt, makes this such a non sense post.

since when do hc players fear one shots? lol

I played many leagues and i know how player usualy whine.
Let me show you 2 examples:
Invasion rebalance:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/879291
"

Substantially rebalanced Invasion bosses, including changing their abilities. Many of the more extreme ones are now easier. Corrupted secret area bosses and Rogue Exiles were also updated in this process.

Beyond rebalance:
"

We have removed speed and resistance auras from Beyond demons.
We have slightly reduced the chance of Beyond portals spawning in Cruel, Merciless and end-game Maps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1015706
"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:
I think it's kind of hilarious that a certain segment of hardcore players mock softcore players; yet, many if these same players autolog with even a whiff of death approaching.

comon man, hardcore players are the living heart of standard, i've lost count of all the exalts worth of gear i've given for free to softcore everytime i die in hc.

i bet ppl there are playing like "i need this item, ima just look at chat and w8 for someone from hc to give it to me before he deletes the char"
double post.
Last edited by spoc002 on Aug 11, 2018, 3:58:45 PM
Actually this has potential to be the most exciting HC league in a long time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info