Delve = Death of Hardcore

Do you even play hardcore?

If you did you'd know that a hardcore viable build and a softcore viable build are not the same thing.
Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
Environmental damage with a timer which ignores player's defenses and turns into unavoidable death under certain conditions? Doesn't seem like revival of HC to me.
I usually use to build around countering enemies hitting me, but not deadly timed mechanics.

Playing this league will feel like infinite Oba's over and over. Cool. Not.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
Environmental damage with a timer which ignores player's defenses and turns into unavoidable death under certain conditions? Doesn't seem like revival of HC to me.
I usually use to build around countering enemies hitting me, but not deadly timed mechanics.

Playing this league will feel like infinite Oba's over and over. Cool. Not.

Every(?) rogue-like has this. The fun is to do your best to avoid it as long as possible.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Where HC is competitive is first to 100s since all, SC and HC, run non-threatening T11s to do it,

That's not quite true, SC has a huge advantage in how fast they can reach the final grind. They can zerg rush the early progression so much faster than HC, and they're not crippled by the death of a team member (in the trade leagues).

And no one really does T11s anymore, especially when racing. It's generally Shaped Belfry's or Bog (T15) or Elder Underground Seas (T16) with a little Shaped Estuary/Waste Pool (T14) and Shaped Armory (T13) to fill the gaps in sustain.
"
Isindel wrote:

If you did you'd know that a hardcore viable build and a softcore viable build are not the same thing.

Only difference is that if you don't grab the "life wheel" it's not hardcore viable. Just stack hp to not get oneshotted because consistent mitigation is not really a thing in PoE.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Aug 10, 2018, 5:28:02 AM
Game is not balanced around HC. Maybe sad but truth.

Permanent HC league is pretty dead and HC leagues are dying too.
Last edited by Rakiii on Aug 10, 2018, 5:47:28 AM
"
IIPheXII wrote:
"
Isindel wrote:

Only difference is that if you don't grab the "life wheel" it's not hardcore viable. Just stack hp to not get oneshotted because consistent mitigation is not really a thing in PoE.

Nah its far more complicated than that, HC characters have a significant checklist of things they need to be able to contend with reliably that goes beyond just having more life.

Trappers for example were perfectly legit in SC prior to the recent buffs, this is because their damage has always been fine but they are severely passive constrained. Not only did this cut into their health pool but layered defences became something you simply couldn't afford, they also only had potions for recovery.

In SC that isn't a problem your just a glass cannon, but glass cannons are perfectly legit in SC because eating a death here and there isn't a problem. If you play a character that eats a death here and there you won't get very far in HC.
there is a thing called logout macro, guys and girls.
many of these suicide players use it and just go on.
Last edited by Farfan on Aug 10, 2018, 3:58:22 PM
Screw hardcore. It's dumb. This is SSF league.
Last edited by JakeCourtney on Aug 10, 2018, 4:05:05 PM
"
Farfan wrote:
there is a thing called logout macro, guys and girls.
many of these suicide players use it and just go on.

You do realize that scaling delves sooner or later reach the point of Onehit wonders?
While SC players will try, die, and sooner or later succed, HC players won't.
It's basicly a complete new game at this point.

It's like an overtuned league but unless other leagues in the past the usual HC approach: whining and complaining until GGG nerves it, won'T work this time.
Last edited by DasName on Aug 11, 2018, 6:23:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info