Delve league has +2 key binds ...Xbox keybind issues?

"
rangerDangerr wrote:
I think we're all disappointed about one thing or another and I'm pretty sure the devs get it by now so just stop bitching or play another game like I'm doing.

You are missing something, delve is like the endgame that always were meant to be but never was created.
"
Viljan wrote:

You are missing something, delve is like the endgame that always were meant to be but never was created.

I'm glad you're having fun then.
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
The skills being used by flares sucks so bad.

Proof is in the pudding that GGG doesn't care and won't fix it, otherwise it wouldn't have gone out like this.

I have 7 skills for my summoner, which you really need tbh until you get to the end end game, then you can maybe drop a skill.

I was delving and the flare/dynamite messes with your existing binds and changes the slots around, so you end up pressing the wrong skill buttons.

I already had to buy an SSD due to bad loading times, which that money could've gone to MTX. It's frustrating because I like the game over all, but the half dozen technical issues and the UI/gameplay design choices for console are not satisfactory for professional developers imo.
"
Corrison wrote:
I play with only 7 assigned buttons, leaving A free for interactions for various reasons (I know I'm not alone). Taking away another 2 spots seems like it will cause more frustration than anything, and make people not want to even participate in the league mechanics. We need 3 pages for skills really; A,B,X,Y / RT + A,B,X,Y / LT + A,B,X,Y.

I know this will remove the LT skill placement system, but that should have been put in as a toggle-able option under settings in the first place. Toggle for totem placement and a toggle for movement skill; both for mob distance or skill placement distance. Then add a slider option under each. With 0% being right on top of you (or closest mob) and 100% as max distance (or furthest mob). Let people choose what they want. You could even make a recommended setting for those, so people have an idea of what they want.

3 pages for skills? Really? Show me at least one build actively using more than 5 buttons?
In fleeting reality, you step into the realm of madness.
desecrate, offering, convocation, summon skelis maybe, vaal skelis, attack with curse on hit and trigger of ee, movement skill, vaal haste...

and its already not enough. So there are builds using many skills. Maybe plunge in a decoy totem for bosses.

I suggested something different than having LT being another shift for skills.

I am more for having more like one setup. Switchable via RT+LT+dpad. this would give us 4x 7/8 keys to bind, depending on the situation and you could easily switch. Like bossfight, mapclear, delve, aura setup. It wouldn't actually change anything with the current behavior, noone would need to use it if they don't want to and just play as they are used to. All the others who wish for more flexibility, could setup their on sets and use them. Its like in any mmo, switching multiple hotbars.

here is my original post:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2214644

Feel free to comment, I just hope it gets noticed and considered.
Last edited by filix on Sep 11, 2018, 8:22:22 AM
I think that LT and RT should largely act as "shift keys".
And "push stick" should be used for toggles (never a need to hold).

And Corrison's proposal is worth considering as a bulwark against future button bind grabs by GGG - Bestiary never went permanent, but Delve just might for example. Then what happens next time?

If messing around with LT skill placement is bad for someone's game, then it's a valid point and lets have a go at working around that.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
watafx wrote:

3 pages for skills? Really? Show me at least one build actively using more than 5 buttons?

I'm just saying having a 3rd page for league mechanics and aurabots that require us to have more skills slots bound would be a good idea. This is not the first nor will it be the last league to implement additional skill binds.

Also with the change to Vaal skills making them more popular, you need 3-4 spots alone for those on most builds.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
It would help if we could turn things like auras (which tend to be always on) from the skills menu rather than from the controller.
I am so glad I picked a build that runs 3 keybinds outside of Delve and 4 keybinds in Delve (not including flares and dynamite). Makes situations like this not bring me to my knees.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info