Delve league has +2 key binds ...Xbox keybind issues?

"
I share the keybind worry as well. 1 key bind i can work in some how but 2 will be a. problem. Imo if we could just asign our own lay outs. Ie change r.bumper to a skill, or left triger as a pot.. it seems like this option would solve so many problems. Either way, i will be playing the league but might end up ignoring delve mostly, sad.

Lol you can do this. Just change your button layout in the Xbox settings.
"
"
I share the keybind worry as well. 1 key bind i can work in some how but 2 will be a. problem. Imo if we could just asign our own lay outs. Ie change r.bumper to a skill, or left triger as a pot.. it seems like this option would solve so many problems. Either way, i will be playing the league but might end up ignoring delve mostly, sad.

Lol you can do this. Just change your button layout in the Xbox settings.

Well perhaps, but doesn't that advice have some strong caveats - like that the buttons will be swapped for most (all?) uses? So it could be a little problematic if POE is not the only thing that one is using their Xbox for (either adapt for all uses, or re-button constantly), and even within the game itself since all instances of say, RB use, could be affected, not just a particular one in combat mode?

I have expressed the opinion previously that the buttons need some work and I still believe that. I think that LT and RT should have been purposed as "shift keys" in more instances. And I also back the request for detailed in-game button mapping.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
I cant tell how you guys played Bestiary, but i had net on RT+Y and it felt amazing.
Now I will probably have flare on RT+Y and dynamite on RT+X, if my 4th most important skill aint that important then flare may even take the Y button in favour for dps help totem wich may have to take the RT+Y button.

Does it feel good to have several auras on same button likely not right, so you have a chooise to make, is it more important to aura up smooth when you die or do you want the ability to find cool stuff in the mine ?
the option to use the xbox settings to change the key locations is not the same at all. take R.bumper if i swap it with r.trigger for skill toggle, the two keys will be swapped on every game and app. not to mention swaping keys is not as useful as asigning keys. for example L. trigger is movement skill targeting what i am sugesting would allow maping something.useful over something i never use. swaping the keys themselves would get confusing and annoying very fast.
"
I struggle to place totems where I need to, I assume it will be the same with flares?

Flares are hopefully just going to drop at your feet since throwing them with do no good with how small their radious is.
I find removing 2 skill slots for the flare and dynamite a bit half-arsey.

PoE X1 has modifiers when you press RT, so why can't we have RB and LB be dynamite and flares when you press RT?

The UI art/elements don't need to be fancy, have them sit above the current skills on the hud, just to show the amount of flares/dynamite remaining.

It drives me nuts as a game dev to see something easily fixed, to be not really implemented with any care.
Last edited by garthzombie on Sep 4, 2018, 9:06:34 AM
"
garthzombie wrote:

PoE X1 has modifiers when you press RT, so why can't we have RB and LB be dynamite and flares when you press RT?

Those are 2 of your potion slots bud... Making them an RT modifier would overwrite the importance of possible life saving mechanics. Especially for those that actually use the second skill page for stuff..
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Sep 4, 2018, 10:21:15 AM
What?

No I am not saying to use your potion slots at all.

I said when you press Right Trigger (which is the modifier to allow the use of a sub set of buttons to be pressed).

So when you press Right Trigger and press Right Bumper or Left Bumper it uses something else entirely, still leaving your potion slots intact.
Very disappointed that I have to use 2 action slots here, wrecks my battle strategy; or forces me to do frequent skill changes. It does seem to be a bit unfair that PC users have two additional action keys that are denied to Xbox. There are many combinations not used.
I think we're all disappointed about one thing or another and I'm pretty sure the devs get it by now so just stop bitching or play another game like I'm doing.

Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info