Gear-Independent Farming Build? Help wanted!

So here's what I'm thinking: A simple frost attack spamming build. Frost is safe and easy versus lightning being fast and easy. Not sure how important safe will be, but I'll work on a lightning alternative in a bit (would essentially be the same build with points moved around here and there).

My idea was that the gear is going to focus on IIQ and IIR with resistances, armor, life and energy shield being second priority. I figure the templar is in a great spot between the various tank-like nodes and spell output nodes. Spells don't REQUIRE an awesome weapon to begin functioning. They appreciate one, sure, but that's not mandatory.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbbaGfVOnCI9G0NCboffXrJhOuuTr41bYJDbFHwKeoa-blQRWSiycSbIC4welghDfsFWuz2VVxhZvOYoQaTCXgpspT-w4GjinhJBVwBpZ86yqJ-3z3Rku1I-53e8O8i8VUGebKS6drhps5CLa3cT2PQ999USrj6YtH20ZwfOCHtsLjjwXVCKB

I'm thinking gems would be Frostbite, Freezing Pulse +IIQ +IIR +LMP +Iron Will +Faster Projectiles and maybe something else that catches my eye. I dunno, perhaps Ice Nova for skill 2 with IIQ, IIR, Iron Will, Concentrated Effect and Cold Penetration?

My current templar is just an experiment in whether or not I like the class and so far I've liked how his skills and passives play out so I was just thinking he might make for a good farming character.

Figured I'd farm large groups of mobs rather than Vaal or something.

Spoiler
Alternatively: Arc or something similar with Conductivity or w/e the equivalent curse is with Iron Will and similar supports to up the damage.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fNgbbaGfVOnCI9G0NCboffXrJjYJDbFHwIsnEmyAuMHpYIQ37BVrs9lVcYWb4KbKU_sOBo4p4SQVcAaWfOsqift890ZLtSPud3vDvIvFVBnmykuna4abOQi2t3E9j0PffVEq4-mLR9tGcHzgh7bC9V1zLfyzn6vdhHk7MG0Z73ub_TpjRngEt2M

I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I didn't find anything and I think this class and casting in general could be fun. I just wanna make a basic farmer to get things rolling, like I'm used to from every other ARPG :)
IGN: Sexy_Batman Brag_Ironballs Lady_Jaya_Ballard Orbok_Meatgod Two_Open_Sockets

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info