Mistake - millenials don't invest much.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/01/why-millennials-are-scared-of-the-stock-market.html

I max out Roth every year in index funds - to bad they dont let you put more because almost nothing performs like stock market for like forever and people are shunning it. Big mistake IMO. I doubt there will be any federal retirement like SS when we hit retirement age because western nations are in massive debt crisis which cant continue forever. Guess what they'll cut you old ass off first before essential services. Anyway thought it interesting.
Git R Dun!
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2018, 9:58:10 AM
Not sure if I'm considered a millennial... But I can chime in. Most millennials grew up with parents who weren't smart with their finances. Only a very few, opened trust funds, roth IRA's etc... for their kids, and to make it worse majority of their parents rented; avoiding the housing market.

However there are some like me that invest in business (entrepreneurism), real estate... and some stocks. Compound interest accounts like a 401k you better believe it. Free damn money... Anyways for some of us that know how to invest I rather teach than gloat... That's just me.

-Cheers

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Dat rigged fiat currency system humanity has though...
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Aug 14, 2018, 8:18:31 PM
investments are often not worth it except for retirement funds.

Truth is that if you'd want to invest money, you'd be better off starting something or investing in objects that constantly increase in value and has good demand.

A good example of that is mtg booster boxes. If there's a box with a lot of high values cards that are played in old formats, then you can bet that that box will be worth a lot more than you paid in 4-5 years. And I'm not talking of a mere 5-6% per year. It can often double or even triple in value in that time period.

This is but a small example but it's true of many many collectibles.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
investments are often not worth it except for retirement funds.

Truth is that if you'd want to invest money, you'd be better off starting something or investing in objects that constantly increase in value and has good demand.

A good example of that is mtg booster boxes. If there's a box with a lot of high values cards that are played in old formats, then you can bet that that box will be worth a lot more than you paid in 4-5 years. And I'm not talking of a mere 5-6% per year. It can often double or even triple in value in that time period.

This is but a small example but it's true of many many collectibles.

But how wizards behave lately, reprints kill some singles, and price down for singles means lower prices for boxes too.

We have yet to see how it will go in next few years.
Spreading salt since 2006
Sad there was no collector's edition for PoE it would've been a HUGE investment.

Btw you can check this guy's channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m4hkRgioIU. You don't need the stock market when u have ebay. Also what you invest in doesn't really need to be about demand but rather "perception of value".
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Aug 17, 2018, 9:58:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info