I just quit my job to rebecome a farmer

Discuss.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2018, 9:25:27 PM
I dont see any any key!
Are there cows on your farm? If so, please post pics.

Spoiler
No, I don't have a fetish.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Nope, no cows.

Presently, we have sheep, turkeys, chickens, and ducks. None of them are particularly productive. The farm is my father’s, and he can be a special kind of ignorant and stubborn. No idea how I’ll manage it, but I intend to turn the place around and make it successful.

Basically, I just walked away from a stable albeit not very glamorous path towards retirement, for a giant fucking question mark. I’m left wondering if that is how greatness begins, or if it’s crazy and irresponsible.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
That sounds like quite the adventurous undertaking!

I hear miniature horses are a thing.

"
CanHasPants wrote:
Nope, no cows.

Presently, we have sheep, turkeys, chickens, and ducks. None of them are particularly productive. The farm is my father’s, and he can be a special kind of ignorant and stubborn. No idea how I’ll manage it, but I intend to turn the place around and make it successful.

Basically, I just walked away from a stable albeit not very glamorous path towards retirement, for a giant fucking question mark. I’m left wondering if that is how greatness begins, or if it’s crazy and irresponsible.

Typically greatness and crazy and irresponsible go pretty hand in hand. Good luck.
And here I thought this was an open confession of an RMTer. LOL.

Good luck in your endeavors! Humanity can grow thanks to people like you!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Normally the prospect of becoming a farmer is the mental stick I beat people with to get them to understand the gloriousness of economic specialization via trade. "Thanks to economic specialization you have your choice of many stable, albeit not very glamorous, paths towards retirement, but without trade you'd need to spend a decent chunk of each day growing your own food yourself."

I guess that doesn't work against you much anymore.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 2, 2018, 12:47:40 AM
Well before we create AI, before we created information technology, we’d have already created a thing so immense you couldn’t physically fit all of its data into a single human head. Human organization. That’s pretty friggin monolithic, wouldn’t you say? Economic specialization performs a necessary compression, both in terms of practice, and in cramming all that magnificence into human heads. Why would you think to use a stick?

Besides, growing food was never an issue. It’s the other stuff I lack, driving me to get an easy job in the first place. Find out, easy jobs require a certain amount of grinding and sculpting, and I didn’t turn out very coglike. More like, nope, broke my back. So I woke up one day (after many weeks of deliberation) and decided to strike off on my own. I’ll get around to the full story eventually. That’s why I started this thread, to eventually articulate the sheer existential terror I’m experiencing right now. It’s really energizing stuff, highly recommend it to anyone looking to improve their lot.

"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:
That sounds like quite the adventurous undertaking!

Spoiler

Thank you. This will make a great first desktop background when I get my office set up.
Devolving Wilds
Land
Last edited by CanHasPants on Aug 2, 2018, 2:57:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info