Power creep may be good or bad, but you can't deny it happened! Any old-timers want to share

their contrasting experiences?

Latest examples:

-Killed a red-tier boss in literally less than a second. I remember a time when even REACHING Area Level 75+ (before map "tiers" were a thing) was an unattainable dream goal for myself and many others in the forums.

-Killed T13 Tzteosh before I realised that Tzteosh had spawned. When I first played against Beyond monsters they were pretty spooky. Although at this point the power creep train had started rolling, and within a few months' time people saw Beyond as free loot pinatas, Beyond Bosses used to be at least a bit of a shock.

Things like this used to be stretch goals reserved for people with mirror gear. Now I can do it with half my DPS coming from a 1c weapon!

When I notice stuff like that, I just have to look back and say "wow."
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jul 26, 2018, 7:09:52 AM
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2018, 7:00:55 PM
Who is denying that it happened? They added tons of more multipliers, ascendancies, shaper items, stronger uniques in general, abyss jewels, buffed the entire passivetree, added OP corruptions, increased the dmg of skills overall, while monsters stayed the same since 2.0 - except map boss HP. List goes on.
Last edited by Koksii on Jul 26, 2018, 7:40:20 AM
Sure as the sun rises.

It's part of their design plans. They feel they have to give us more. More power. More speed. MORE. Or else we'll turn on them or something. Don't know what they fear.

But if that's your deal breaker for the game, you should really bow out sooner rather than later. It's not going away.
This is golden. People want to casualize the game to fit to their timeschedule, but once you start you can't stop. Now you can finally sit on first row for a dime, and people start to complain it's not worth anything anymore. WHY WOULD THAT BE.

p.s I was killing 77/78 bosses in seconds in full parties back in those days too. It actually took effort though, not just equipping arc+trap and you win.
Last edited by Miská on Jul 26, 2018, 7:44:31 AM
Yes, I remember. Back then, when it took me 15-20 seconds to kill a rare with double ele res mod. Back then, when I needed 5-6 minutes of hit and run to kill merciless Dominus.

Back then, when my characters were shit. Oh wait. They still are. The bars just have been raised for both me and the content.

Maybe one day, when most peoople can delete Uber Elder within one second, forcing him to skip his phases, because of stack overload or something unintended, then Ill maybe catch up.
I love how I explicitly say it could be good or bad and people instantly assume I'm complaining :P

I'm the only person on the planet that just likes to look back and marvel at the stark contrast between past and present? I thought other people did too, otherwise you wouldn't see posts on social media like "ever think about how 30 years ago a computer was a big ol' mainframe-lookin' thing, but now we carry computers that are thousands of times faster in our pockets?"
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
I remember a time when even REACHING Area Level 75+ (before map "tiers" were a thing) was an unattainable dream goal for myself and many others in the forums.

that was when you were unexperienced. now you are not. riddle solved?
bosses melt down because meanwhile you exactly know what to do.
I remember the time when map mods mattered. I remember the few occasions where even those mirror-geared helpers I got failed to clear the map.

Today? Does map have reflect - Y -> skip map, N -> what's the difference between this map and a non-modded t1?
I started in Legacy, and shit was even more broken back then, or at least itseemed like it. Infinite DPS with 12K ES and instant Vaal Pact and screen wide AoE. These days we got...KB. With 5K life and...? A bit of evasion? Dodge? It just ain't the same kind of broken.

Even the almighty Arc traps--complete trash compared to many 2.6 builds. Vaal Fireball, Vaal Spark. Discharge. Double dipping poison, ignite. And what do we have nowadays? Stat sicks. Wow.
"
I remember the time when map mods mattered. I remember the few occasions where even those mirror-geared helpers I got failed to clear the map.

Today? Does map have reflect - Y -> skip map, N -> what's the difference between this map and a non-modded t1?

inc aoe in a phonix map doesnt matter?
Last edited by Farfan on Jul 26, 2018, 8:17:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info