I'm a terrible seller

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
at least half of alch trades won't respond, everyone messages people fast and just takes the first invite its nothing personal, and as mentioned if they really want what you got they will probably message again.

It's not about it being personal, it just makes folks far less inclined to bother with low end alch trades.

I tend to avoid buying maps now from players and don't bother selling my own.

I'm slowly learning to vendor my low value uniques.

I've been far more willing to ignore trade requests.

I now tend to limit trade to currency conversion or big ticket items.
Yep, totally over league play.
I don't think its that they are less inclined to bother with low alch trades they already aren't, the problem is for every person like the OP there are 19 people who list stuff for 1 alch that don't actually have any intention of dropping what they are doing for 1 alch.

This is the area where trade improvements are needed the most, buying maps/low value goods is horrendous :(
I don't think its that they are less inclined to bother with low alch trades they already aren't, the problem is for every person like the OP there are 19 people who list stuff for 1 alch that don't actually have any intention of dropping what they are doing for 1 alch.

This is the area where trade improvements are needed the most, buying maps/low value goods is horrendous :(
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

It's not about it being personal, it just makes folks far less inclined to bother with low end alch trades.

I tend to avoid buying maps now from players and don't bother selling my own.

I'm slowly learning to vendor my low value uniques.

I've been far more willing to ignore trade requests.

I now tend to limit trade to currency conversion or big ticket items.

Trade sucks and should be automated. That's paradigm. But it is not that bad with some rules.

1. Set some minimal transaction value (may be different when you are in map or in ho). Then set your trade tabs accordingly (5c for every item in tab, 10c, 20c and so). If you don’t want to leave map and deal is crappy, ignore it, even don’t answer. Sorry, it is GGG’s fault, not yours, players should understand it. If deal is decent, ask buyer to wait.

2. Low tier maps. If you are more advanced player, just don't list them at all if they value is below 1 c. With all 1 c map - sell only in bulk and inform potential buyer about this fact. I do such thing with tempest prophecies. Once have 10 of them, I throw every into "2c" tab and sell only in bulk. Really comfortable.

3. Uniques. There is about 20-25 unique item in category “expensive, good to have or sell”. Few hundred’s of others are just good looking crap, which could be purchased up to 5c. I got special lab for them - 5c for every piece. When stash is full and I’m out of alchs, I vendor everything and gain some orbs without necessity to buy alchs from market. Or I use them for 5 for 1 prophecy (since when I gained Putrid Closter such way).
This is not real life, they will get over it bro.
You got more conscience than most of the people.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
"
johnKeys wrote:

To me, opening chat and clicking to reply is disruptive and tough on my old-man reflexes.

No need for that. Ctrl + Enter automatically sets you up to reply to the last person who messaged you.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
it is the game's fault not yours. We dont have a trading system so..
Oh boy here we go overreacting again. In 6 years never EVER i had someone be like "sorry found something better". On a side note,learn to deal with the trade we have. Hate it or not,there are ways to use it and either find them or leave.

Sorry OP but these threads are so funny,with people and their imaginary problems that im yet to experience once.

Also,leave the map/temple when he joins the party,not 5 seconds late,which were probably 15 minutes.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Aug 2, 2018, 5:04:25 PM
"
Kasapnica wrote:
Oh boy here we go overreacting again. In 6 years never EVER i had someone be like "sorry found something better". On a side note,learn to deal with the trade we have. Hate it or not,there are ways to use it and either find them or leave.

Sorry OP but these threads are so funny,with people and their imaginary problems that im yet to experience once.

Also,leave the map/temple when he joins the party,not 5 seconds late,which were probably 15 minutes.

You don't trade that much do you. That's has happened to me A LOT of times i just simplt don't care as much as OP. I use quick reply trade macros and i NEVER leave my map until the other person is in my hideout. I even have a message for when i'm runnin labs and that one says i will only reply after i'm done and only for 15c+ trades. I assume that low price items have plenty of supply and it's very easy to find one for the guy that's buying.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Well in a way you could be right,i don't trade anything that's not at least 10 chaos orbs of worth. To put it simply i trade enough to achieve my goals.I sell and buy stuff pretty often though.

But there is no way that "I found a better deal" happens so often that it should be posted as a complain on the forum.

The only thing that's frustrating is when you are in a Lab.All the other time you need to simply alt+tab. Yes there are afk's,offline,no answer etc,but that tediousness exists for a reason. Its an artificial difficulty to support the economy of the game,which is still far far better than trade chat.

And those hidden "AH PLZ"threads are from frustrated people that suffer from severe tunnel vision and can't see how bad an AH in an ARPG would be. But it will come eventually,just to provide the impatient with 1 week of fun before they quit the league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info