I'm a terrible seller

My apologies if I didn't respond to your PM.
I'm in an Incursion, Temple, boss fight or just some red map with scary mods.

I'll invite you as soon as I'm done.

Because too many times I left a map and invited the guy for some quick 2 alch trade - only to see him decline, and say he found something better in the 5 seconds it took me to respond.

It's not your fault dear current buyer, but never again.

Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last bumped on Aug 5, 2018, 12:59:03 PM
Oh, come on, you overreacting. If you are "in an Incursion, Temple, boss fight or just some red map with scary mods", then just ignore "crappy 2 alchs transactions at all". Time for that kind of deals is, when you stay in HO and clean/reorganizing your stash or... just staying in HO in general.

When it comes to other offers, it is simple. Just answer “sec.”, or “mom”, invite buyer when you can go out, open portal and… keep playing. When he joins your company and appear in your hideout, come back to portal or open new, leave map. Simple. Regardless, In my opinion trade sucks :)
Leaving your map before someone joins the group makes zero sense.
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"

I could be incorrect, but as far as I know a big bad boss becomes bigger and badder, when people join.

@postrach_myszy, I guess some people use macros for that.
To me, opening chat and clicking to reply is disruptive and tough on my old-man reflexes.

Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"

I could be incorrect, but as far as I know a big bad boss becomes bigger and badder, when people join.

@postrach_myszy, I guess some people use macros for that.
To me, opening chat and clicking to reply is disruptive and tough on my old-man reflexes.

Gosh... everything depends on deal. If it is like "I want to buy your Inyas key, listed for 6 chaos in incursion" and you currently fighting "big bad boss", then don't even bother with "sec.". Just finish fight, invite guy. If he is still interested, then will join you and buy your crap. If not, you will sell it eventually.

On other side, ff you fight "big bad boss" and suddenly somebody want's to buy a crap, that you lusted for 50c two weeks ago and finally buyer appeared, then screw boss, invite guy asap, open portal and do transaction. This way I screwed nice looking lab (full keys, additional use of enchant device) for 5 ex transaction.

In general - if deal is better then boss/map, choose a deal. If you are on T16 map with rippy modes and you have to keep as many portals as possible, then screw every deal under 27 c (cheapest T16 map cost).
set a macro with a reply like "hey can trade in two minutes is this ok for you?".

If the guy says yes, all good.
If any other action, skip and go on your merry ways.
Second-class poe gamer
If someone needs your trade badly, he will tell twice. Then you may come out of map/relog with clear conscience.
I do not go back to my hideout before the other person actually joins my party. Saves a bunch of time and portals. If I send an invite and the other person never responds, nothing lost.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jul 23, 2018, 4:33:41 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
My apologies if I didn't respond to your PM.
I'm in an Incursion, Temple, boss fight or just some red map with scary mods.

I'll invite you as soon as I'm done.

Because too many times I left a map and invited the guy for some quick 2 alch trade - only to see him decline, and say he found something better in the 5 seconds it took me to respond.

It's not your fault dear current buyer, but never again.

Just yesterday or the day before someone messages me for a common unique, joins group and hideout and opens trade only to refuse the 1 alch item and leave.

Most of the time, it's someone just spamming tells and waiting to get a hit. I've lost count of how many times I've sent the invite out and not get a response.

The longer I play PoE, the less I want to trade. The majority of my trades really do go perfectly fine - it's the ones that don't that tend to stay in memory.
Yep, totally over league play.
at least half of alch trades won't respond, everyone messages people fast and just takes the first invite its nothing personal, and as mentioned if they really want what you got they will probably message again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info