Adjacent +1 map drops more often (from unlocked pool)

I ran 200 Burial Chambers. I had the other T3 maps uncompleted (deleted with a cartographer's seal) to sustain burials to some degree. I have all T4 unlocked though. With Volcano being shaped and consequently no longer being a T4, there are 9 different T4 maps that currently drop for me. My Atlas Bonus is 148/158 (only missing other T3 and Perandus Manor).

For some reason I found way more "Relic Chambers" maps than the other T4s. Currently my map tab holds the following:

22 Canyon, 24 Chateau, 24 City Square, 29 Courthouse, 21 Gorge, 19 Grotto, 27 Lighthouse, 60 Relic Chambers, 18 Strand, 7 Volcano.

These are NOT all from the 200 maps, I had a few of each before, but I don't know the exact numbers. I know that I found 148 T4 maps during the 200 Burial Chambers though, since I've kept record. The list sums to 251 maps, which means I had 103 before, which means it should have been around 10 each.

Using that number, it looks like I found about 50 Relic Chambers and an average of 12-13 of the other eight T4 maps during the 200 Burial Chambers – so roughly four times as many Relic Chambers. Excluding 12-13 that should be expected to drop from the same "pattern/internal logic" like the other T4s, it leaves a good 35 from another mechanic/source (factor 3 if linked to T4 base drop rate).

I first thought that the comparibly recent update to double the drop weight for locked maps might have introduced the bug, but a multiplier of 2 does not seem to cover it here. My best guess is that map unlocks are taken into account before the tier shift from the atlas bonus happens, meaning that all maps from magic/rare monsters that internally rolled as T3 (before the atlas bonus) are forced as Burial Chambers and then shifted to Relic Chambers.
Last edited by aRTy42 on Jul 25, 2018, 2:20:30 AM
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2018, 3:15:09 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Shape your Relic chambers map and you will never see this map in drop (from t3-4 pool) again.
And yes, connected maps is drops more often at least because of the 5% base chance to drop (no matter of completion)..
Last edited by bSun0000 on Jul 22, 2018, 2:53:25 AM
"
bSun0000 wrote:
Shape your Relic chambers map and you will never see this map in drop (from t3-4 pool) again.
And yes, connected maps is drops more often at least because of the 5% base chance to drop (no matter of completion)..

I don't mind getting them, I just don't know of any mechanic that would explain the massive favouring.

What do you mean with base chance, and why 5%? Do you have any source for that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info