Weird challenges these last leagues

Are there 2 endgame challenges in this league? Because i can see
"Endgame Grind challenge" and "Endgame RNG Grind challenge". The second im talking about is "Use these devices". I have completed 37 so far, missing 6 abyss depths and 5 shaper/elder maps to get 39 and last, im missing 2 from Use these devices (quality/quantity gem and double implicit).

If i count in all exp i have lost when i died, i should be around level 98 now. I have been actively searching for corruption and gem devices t3 since the beginning of the league!!! I Got like 4 corruption (3 rares and 1 white sockets) and ~5 gems t3.

So in the end, i should Grind my way to get those devices to tier 3, which is RNG. Then we should put our hopes on another RNG, which will fulfill our missing challenge. Is this RNG in RNG??

Why did you do that? So people who want to complete challenges PLAY MORE? If you think about that thoroughly, lets say normally 10 people would try to get all the challenges and play 5000 hours in total, now only 2 people will do as you intended but the rest 8 will quit and this will affect their thinking about the game! In theory, this would double play time of those 2 = 1000 hours and 500 for the rest, which is still around 5000 (maybe less), but you end up with discouraged people.

How to solve this problem?

Less RNG in the future
Make alternatives like "Use these 6 devices of 10"
Add another room which will increase 1 specific room +1 or +2

And for those, who got LUCKY to get that challenge, you just GOT LUCKY and its not challenge!
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Last edited by unlucky_child on Jul 21, 2018, 10:40:36 PM
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2018, 10:22:01 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
unlucky_child wrote:

And for those, who got LUCKY to get that challenge, you just GOT LUCKY and its not challenge!

the random outcome of certain mechanics is intended to give those a chance that can't throw unlimited playtime at the game and so have to rely on luck to get some higher gratification.

"
cronus wrote:
"
unlucky_child wrote:

the random outcome of certain mechanics is intended to give those a chance that can't throw unlimited playtime at the game and so have to rely on luck to get some higher gratification.

sorry I totally disagree with that. Normally I try to get 36 Challenge completions for the portal effect. Every Legaue since Abyss this played out well. the last 4 Challenges are normally for the grinders and hardcore players, I know that and I'm fine with that. IMO it shouldnt be such an immense hustle to get to 36 completions - maybe up to 6 days league playtime should be enough.

Actually I run aqueducts to get the last vaal corruption from lapidar lense. Last 6 Temples i build up neither from them even got level 3 gem room ... thx to rng ...

If I had to complete 500 map influences I would always see my progress and know that one day I will definately get the challenge done. Plus I know from beginning of this challenge that it will be a grind. Sorry for the harsh words but I have no need for this bullshit rng- stuff
"
fl0yd wrote:
IMO it shouldnt be such an immense hustle to get to 36 completions - maybe up to 6 days league playtime should be enough.

maybe they should do a week long league with less rng then?

it totally doesn't match the month's long development time needed to create the content for a league but whatever.

i'm all for it if they make standard playable again with leaguestones.

and i wonder how many people still play poe after this change.

edit: people expecting 3 free mtx per week sounds like ggg really thrashed their game when i think about it twice.
Last edited by cronus on Jul 22, 2018, 11:36:13 AM
"
unlucky_child wrote:
I have been actively searching for corruption and gem devices t3 since the beginning of the league!!! I Got like 4 corruption (3 rares and 1 white sockets) and ~5 gems t3.

Either you weren't very 'active', or you were searching in wrong places. You can chain Quarry or Blood Aqueducts with pretty much any build and complete multiple temples per hour. Yes, it's a grind, not unlike the other grind challenges.
"
cronus wrote:
"
fl0yd wrote:
IMO it shouldnt be such an immense hustle to get to 36 completions - maybe up to 6 days league playtime should be enough.

it totally doesn't match the month's long development time needed to create the content for a league but whatever.

edit: people expecting 3 free mtx per week sounds like ggg really thrashed their game when i think about it twice.

Just in case of misunderstanding: with "maybe up to 6 days league playtime should be enough." I meant 6 day playtime in a 3 months league. The actual number isn't that important. Just wanted to make clear that moderate effort should lead to 36 challenges.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
unlucky_child wrote:
I have been actively searching for corruption and gem devices t3 since the beginning of the league!!! I Got like 4 corruption (3 rares and 1 white sockets) and ~5 gems t3.

Either you weren't very 'active', or you were searching in wrong places. You can chain Quarry or Blood Aqueducts with pretty much any build and complete multiple temples per hour. Yes, it's a grind, not unlike the other grind challenges.

yeah, i did quarry 4 hours yesterday, got 1x t3 gems and 1x corruption.
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
fl0yd wrote:
"
cronus wrote:
"
fl0yd wrote:

Just in case of misunderstanding: with "maybe up to 6 days league playtime should be enough." I meant 6 day playtime in a 3 months league. The actual number isn't that important. Just wanted to make clear that moderate effort should lead to 36 challenges.

yep. but.

around $50 worth of mtx for 6 days playtime straight? i could imagine they thought to keep people playing for longer...

i mean they surely wouldn't have a problem with it if they charged a subscription fee and gave out mtx as league rewards and other ingame achievements only.

but as their business model relies on selling those things...
It's a PvE grind game. There is no challenge. Time investment is all there is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info