Did Path of Exile peaked in your eyes?

Question lot of people asking.

I think PoE did peaked. And it will be all downhill from now.

Each major patch there are nerfs to builds, skills and new items added to compensate those nerfs giving false illusion to players that new items will actually boost them where in fact it puts them back where they were.

But my question is, what else GGG can come up with.

We got skill tree. We got items. We got jewels, we got eye jewels, we got ascendancy classes, enchants.

What else could be in store? At the price of releasing an item better than your average ring you using right now, they will have to nerf the skills you using. So in the end nothing changes.

Storywise I dont see another 5 or 10 acts.

Think this is it. And its sad to see that.

But I like to see PoE 2. More robust, with more grind and less patches that nerf skills.
Last edited by panmisiek123 on Jul 21, 2018, 9:24:24 PM
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2018, 7:25:30 PM
did it peak? maybe. even though incursion was a huge success in launch day player numbers, according to steamcharts you can see how fast the player numbers dropped off - quite a bit faster compared to bestiary (sure it doesn't include the standalone client). that's weird because it means people got fed up with the game even quicker than during bestiary. or a lot of people just gave it a shot after the disappointment of last league and thought it wasn't worth their time so they left very quickly.

what can they do? idk, but poe is just a glorified slot machine. almost everything that drops has no value, you run hundreds of maps and maybe you get a shiny drop, but mostly you are flooded with garbage. after running quarry over 1k times for the lapidary lens challenge, i feel like a monkey tapping a button. the story is really average and combat is a complete joke. i think what kills it is not the nerfs, but the speed clear meta. poe has the gameplay depth of candy crush saga if you exclude the few high tier boss fights that are actually interesting.
"
dachoppa wrote:
did it peak? maybe. even though incursion was a huge success in launch day player numbers, according to steamcharts you can see how fast the player numbers dropped off - quite a bit faster compared to bestiary (sure it doesn't include the standalone client). that's weird because it means people got fed up with the game even quicker than during bestiary. or a lot of people just gave it a shot after the disappointment of last league and thought it wasn't worth their time so they left very quickly.

what can they do? idk, but poe is just a glorified slot machine. almost everything that drops has no value, you run hundreds of maps and maybe you get a shiny drop, but mostly you are flooded with garbage. after running quarry over 1k times for the lapidary lens challenge, i feel like a monkey tapping a button. the story is really average and combat is a complete joke. i think what kills it is not the nerfs, but the speed clear meta. poe has the gameplay depth of candy crush saga if you exclude the few high tier boss fights that are actually interesting.

Any ways to check past steam charts from the same period last year ?
Hf :)
There is only a handful of boss fights where mechanics are involved. The rest of the game is loot pinata sim.

That's what this game is.
In my opinion you can really compare the fall off between bestiary and incursion directly, incursion was a little fucked from the start due to time of year, it was running into the time that students are studying hardcore for finals etc, that in my opinion would have an adverse affect on the retention, you need to look at what it was for whatever league was released approx this time last year, legacy was ending, harbinger started august.

Now go onto your steamcharts and hit "all" for the dates, that to me is still a higher average than it was this time last year, Harbinger boosted by the fall of oriath expansion and the huge media push they did with that. Abyss had the atlas of worlds expansion and managed to hold more players as a percentage of what started that league, bestiary had a fair size advertising push too even though it was plagued from the start. This league didnt really have any of the advertising push near to what the last 3 had, yet it has the second highest starting amount of players, just 3k short of the fall of oriath expansion which had a huge amount of coverage compared to all other leagues. That to me isnt a game thats dying, yes we have our issues, and retention is always a steep fall off from the initial amount due to people just trying the league to see what its like, those that power through in a week or two to hit 24/36 achievements and move back to something else.

July 16, 13k
July 17, 17k
July 18, 42k

Yeah steamcharts shows that were fucked
I disagree. In my opinion they have only made the game better and better over the years.
The early leagues were very modest compared to what we have now, and there are really no limitations to what they can come up with in the future.

The grinding gets always boring after a while no matter what they do, which only seems natural to me.

Oranges
The only thing that concerns me is they are running out of things to pimp with each league

Talisman did amulets,
Breach did rings,
We gained shaper/elder gear with Oriath/Atlas covering all gear types.
Breach gave us flat value skill jewels thats in alot of cases better than standard jewels.
Incursion has pimped corruptions on gems/all-gear

I can almost see them introducing something like "artifacts" or "charms" with the next league, would be another jump in the power creep gaining another gear slot... as i think its unlikely they will start going back over gear slots theyve already done in a previous league.
Incursion has certainly been a highpoint but the game got exponetially better with ASC and significantly better after atlas of worlds.

It's really hard to top those two expansions at this point since itd require dramatically changing the game or introducing power creeep.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
dachoppa wrote:
did it peak? maybe. even though incursion was a huge success in launch day player numbers, according to steamcharts you can see how fast the player numbers dropped off - quite a bit faster compared to bestiary

Sure but there are more players playing which is all that matters to ggg(tencent), as poe gets more popular it makes sense to me that the dropoff rate becomes higher.
Let me tell you something, PoE hasn't even begun to peak. And when it does peak, you'll know. Because it's gonna peak so hard that everybody in Wraeclast gonna feel it.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info