I lost a unique because of extremely annoying disconnects.

I have been having this issue for a while now, nearly every time I use a portal, in the loading screen my game disconnects me or crashes. It's nearly every single time I use a portal from my inventory and it happens sometimes when I use a waypoint.

This is not a problem with my internet because I have checked many times and it is always fine and has a good speed also I have asked people in global chat if they have the same problem and some said they do.

Today I was on The Brine King's Reef and I killed a monster and a unique fell out of it. It was the Hrimnor's Hymn Sledgehammer but unfortunately I didn't have any space in my inventory to fit it. I knew if I used a portal I would most likely get disconnected so I walked backwards for like 10 seconds to reach the waypoint. I used the waypoint to teleport back to Lioneye's Watch and guess what... DISCONNECTED.

This disconnect was so bad it crashed the game so I loaded it back up, logged into the account and clicked to load in on my character. In the loading screen of loading my character into the game guess what...DISCONNECTED.

The worst part was that happened 3 TIMES.

Once I finally got into my character I felt like I didn't want to play anymore but I knew there was a chance that the map hadn't of restarted and my unique was still there so I rushed back to The Brine King's Reef aaaaaaaaaaand the map was restarted.

This has really pissed me off and every time it happens I feel like playing the game less and less.

Fix your shit GGG.
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2018, 1:23:53 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Use --noasync launch option and set your networking to the predictive. This could solve your problem with disconnects.
"
bSun0000 wrote:
Use --noasync launch option and set your networking to the predictive. This could solve your problem with disconnects.

--noasync only makes the game load more at startup and between each area, it wouldn't prevent a disconect or even an instance crash.

Predictive, only changes the method of sync not prevent DC's, it would at best stop stutter that some spikey latency or packet loss would give you in lockstep, if he is getting 6000ms of lag then in all cases he will DC.

He could be suffering from an instance crash but nothing will really fix that until GGG figure out what is causing it for the OP (it's generaly a combination of things some of which only happen rarely)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
bSun0000 wrote:

--noasync only makes the game load more at startup and between each area, it wouldn't prevent a disconect or even an instance crash.

Predictive, only changes the method of sync not prevent DC's, it would at best stop stutter that some spikey latency or packet loss would give you in lockstep, if he is getting 6000ms of lag then in all cases he will DC.

He could be suffering from an instance crash but nothing will really fix that until GGG figure out what is causing it for the OP (it's generaly a combination of things some of which only happen rarely)

In theory your are right, but.. async I\O could cause network drops if you'r playing on slow HDD while game is loading a lot of stuff. Saying this from my experience, this happens to me before. Does not feels like this game has a good multi-threading code.

Same for the predictive networking, lockstep mode could cause a serious lags on the client if server is lagging (sending a lot of actions back to the client in a bulk mode, not in a fixed rate) - this lags can actually cause a dc.

Worth trying anyway, he will not lose anything from it.
Last edited by bSun0000 on Jul 21, 2018, 8:18:18 PM
"
bSun0000 wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
bSun0000 wrote:

In theory your are right, but.. async I\O could cause network drops if you'r playing on slow HDD while game is loading a lot of stuff. Saying this from my experience, this happens to me before. Does not feels like this game has a good multi-threading code.

Same for the predictive networking, lockstep mode could cause a serious lags on the client if server is lagging (sending a lot of actions back to the client in a bulk mode, not in a fixed rate) - this lags can actually cause a dc.

Worth trying anyway, he will not lose anything from it.

I did the --noasync launch option but I'm not sure how to set my networking to predictive. Also I managed to screenshot when the crash happened today.

Last edited by matiria78 on Jul 22, 2018, 9:43:20 AM
please also start WinMTR and point that to the GGG gateway you use and have that running all the time you play. After that, post the WinMTR results here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info