lightning damage question

I am playing witch with main zap = arc - currently lev 69 my sheet value for arc is 34220.7 -- I have nothing in left ring slot and put in "woe grasp breach ring" this has a 16% increase lightning damage mod on it -- my new sheet value for arc is 34929.8. How is this possible - am I capping out? is the sheet value wrong? Any ideas??
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2018, 4:51:51 AM
You probably have a lot of increased damage affecting your arc already so the 16% don't amount to much.

helpful wiki link: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stat#more_vs_increased
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Damage values are added together, then Increased Damage modifiers are added together, then the latter is applied to the former. ("More" damage is different, but let's ignore that for now.)

So if you have 100 Lightning Damage and 0% Increased Damage, getting 15% Increased Damage will increase your damage by 15%. But if you have 100 Lightning Damage and 30% Increased Damage, obtaining a further 15% Increased Damage will get you an additional 15 Lightning Damage - increasing your damage from 130 to 145 (an increase of 11.5%).

If your character deals 100 Lightning Damage and has 2,600% Increased Damage, your character will deal 2,700 Lightning Damage. Getting another 15% Increased Damage will increase the base amount by 15% (15), bringing your damage from 2,700 to 2,715.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Jul 21, 2018, 3:10:33 PM
many thanks guys - that clears it up -- I almost understand it now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info