WHY!!!...

"
Thror2k5 wrote:
Sure, im not saying there arent connection issues present. but to just blindly scream 'the texas server is fail', is so hilariously ignorant. data has to travel back and forth through multiple different hubs, many of which are owned by separate entities with their own quirks. Yelling at GGG to fix the problem is like yelling at the sun because it's too warm - nothing changing.

i did hear a story about a group of League players that all got data proving packet loss at a specific isp location, and were actually able to get that ISP to investigate/fix the issue. But GL if you try that, sounds like a huge hassle.

Who is blindly screaming "the Texas PoE servers are failing"? I'm looking at the WinMTR numbers and seeing 3 nodes from Houston and Dallas that are showing packet loss. I agree, there is nothing wrong with the Dallas PoE realm itself.

All I can do is use the WDC realm and enjoy much, much better PoE game play with significantly fewer times of lag and no DCs compared to trying to play on the Dallas realm.

I'm just trying to help the OP. If he chooses to not run WinMTR to see for himself that's his problem. For me I'm in the middle in my Internet link so either WDC or Dallas has similar ping times. Since Dallas routinely causes PoE playing headaches I use the WDC realm and play is much smoother. But everyone's Internet link is different so OP will need to do his own test instead of just bitching to GGG that PoE QoP sucks.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Who is blindly screaming "the Texas PoE servers are failing"?

The Op is. literally :

hukkcotton wrote:
wtf is wrong with Texas realm!!!
I tried texas for a while and it was between meh and shit so now I just use the cali server.
Last edited by grubworm on Jul 21, 2018, 1:39:50 AM
As the saying goes "everything is bigger in Texas". I guess that also holds true for the Internet. If there are Internet backbone communication problems, they are bigger in Texas.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I can confirm that there is nothing globally wrong with the Texas realm. I play on this realm all the time and have no problems with it. Early in a new league it can crash just like any other realms, but that's not the issue discussed here.

Check your network equipment. Reboot your router. Run whatever diagnostics.

"
Thror2k5 wrote:
nothing wrong with the texas realm, it's something between you and the server. i play on TX from Michigan, with a stable 45-60 ping. The server menu says DC should give me lower ping, but something in that connection is wonky, because every 3 seconds i spike to 80-90 ping, and then drop back to 45. not worth the hassle when TX is comparable and steady.

I live right by the DC realm and the dc realm is horrible so I play on the texas realm. The texas realm I got big lag spikes here and there but no where near as bad as the DC server which should not happen since im not far from there.
I live a few miles away from TX realm and the DC realm is faster and more stable. I avoid it. When DC acts up, which is rare, I go to CA. If that acted up, I try TX again. Then on to London ...
Censored.
If you all would invest in infrastructure... no wait... that's communism. Sorry. Keep doing what you're doing.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
If you all would invest in infrastructure... no wait... that's communism. Sorry. Keep doing what you're doing.

privatising the creation and maintenance of public infrastructure never really worked out in any country, are there positive examples? railways, motorways, internet?

in germany, we're stuck with a former state owned, now private company blocking any innovation like fibre cable cause fucking merkel still has 30 something percent shares in this monster called "german telekom".
Last edited by cronus on Jul 21, 2018, 3:09:25 PM
"
cronus wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

privatising the creation and maintenance of public infrastructure never really worked out in any country, are there positive examples? railways, motorways, internet?

in germany, we're stuck with a former state owned, now private company blocking any innovation like fibre cable cause fucking merkel still has 30 something percent shares in this monster called "german telekom".

This was a PvP match of Commie versus Logic.

Logic won.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info