Shaper and Elder ping ponging is too much

Hey,

So.. i'm trying my best at spawning red elder, i do know of the ping pong effect that randomly can occurr. But how are we supposed to get anywhere? Imagine buying a red map for 20c for getting elder influence, then after completing the map you realise that Shaper has deleted ANOTHER 20c map randomly.

I mean some ping ponging is absolutely fine, and fits the while war thing, but make it less drastic perhaps, and occuring more rarely. Shaper/Elder shouldn't be able to take more than 1 map randomly.

As it is now it feels frustrating, and I'm tempted to just leave this game if I cant get red elder spawned today.

EDIT: Can add that map trading is a PITA, and you NEED to trade maps becuase of the shitty system in place regarding Elder manipulation. Jeez..
Last edited by GraydingEarJames on Jul 19, 2018, 3:52:11 PM
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2018, 7:03:45 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I pity people actively trying to hunt red Elder. It must be an extremely costly attempt that might not even reward you a profit of what you put in to do it.

This is why I loved Harbinger league. Red maps weren't as ridiculous as they are now.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Can't understand how MAthil and others can kill Uber Elder multiple times, even if they are no-lifing it.

PRobabaly will stop at red elder and call it a day.

U have a point: when u have maps suitable to your level you play and have fun. When you don't you get bored af.

The Elder influence mechanic has done wonders for my desire to try new builds.

Fuck this endgame.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
The Elder influence mechanic has done wonders for my desire to try new builds.

Fuck this endgame.

in poe, endgame fucks you!
I just want to play the (end)-game ;_;

But it wont let me :(
Endgame here is only for streamers and nolifers?
Cool design.
Just set up an elder blob and ping pong your favorite map...

Hunting elder sucks, but the extra packs from influence are damn nice.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Jul 19, 2018, 8:35:05 PM
Here's the best strategy I've found for herding Elder and Guardians into Red maps. Elder will spawn when your Elder-influenced blob reaches 20 maps. On the left side of the Atlas, you can connect a chain of 18 Red maps:

This blob includes all Tier 11-15 Red maps on the left side of the Atlas. The top left and bottom left Red quadrants are connected in the center through Tier-10 Bog. Note how neither of the Tier-16 maps are included in the Elder blob. If you leave the Tier-16 maps untouched, Shaper will never influence them and your entire chain of Red maps will be safe from takeover by Shaper.

Bog is connected to the rest of the Atlas solely via Tier-9 choke point Waste Pool. If you add Waste Pool to your Red blob, it will guard Bog from Shaper, protecting your chain of Red maps from getting bisected in the middle. There are only two other choke points where Shaper could take over a Red map: Tier-11 Waterways and Promenade maps. If that happens before Elder spawns, simply take them back from Shaper.

With Waste Pool and Bog included, my Red Elder blob reached 20 maps, immediately spawning Elder and his four Guardians. (The Elder blob above also shows Yellow maps Mud Geyser and Precinct as well, which Elder happened to take over at the same time.) Even though I still haven't killed Elder on a White or Yellow map, he spawned on Tier-13 Malformation, while his Guardians occupied Red maps Dark Forest, Reef, Sunken City, and Plaza.

I exploited this configuration to make an Elder Ring, Elder-linking Waterways to Waste Pool via Orchard. I then unlinked Dark Forest to separate Elder from Eradicator, creating a 12-map chain immune to takeover by Shaper. That allowed me to farm those 12 maps Elder-influenced (no ping-ponging), until Elder and his remaining Guardians disappeared after I ran about 20 maps. Elder and his Guardians then spawned in the lower left Red quadrant, starting the cycle again.
Last edited by RogueMage on Jul 19, 2018, 10:18:40 PM
"
RogueMage wrote:
Here's the best strategy I've found for herding Elder and Guardians into Red maps.

Thanks for the helpful post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info