[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

"
Kalbuir wrote:
I can't really pin what it is at the moment but I'm not really having a great time in maps above tier 8 at the moment. Trash clear is great but boss damage is lacking at times and at other times things just blow up.

Especially meta bosses are hit or miss. I'm thinking it has to do with my low crit chance rate. Could anyone have a look at my gear and give me an opinion / thoughts.

I am having the same problem, clearing mobs is amazing but when I meet some boss (or very strong metamorph) fight takes very long. I also die, propably due to low life (4332). I already have 6linked tinkerskin and yeah it increased my dmg about a 25% (comparing to 5linked) but still it's not enough.
I guess my next step will be improving quality of gems and increasing life somehow.
"
Kalbuir wrote:
I can't really pin what it is at the moment but I'm not really having a great time in maps above tier 8 at the moment. Trash clear is great but boss damage is lacking at times and at other times things just blow up.

Especially meta bosses are hit or miss. I'm thinking it has to do with my low crit chance rate. Could anyone have a look at my gear and give me an opinion / thoughts.

Low crit rate, 5L tinker is ok-ish for these sort of maps,I have the same but I can sustain T10 maps, it's not butter smooth, but it's ok.

You need a better amulet,also a better sceptre would not hurt,especially the type demi posted in the first page, with gain no chaos as extra chaos+ more lightning damage,and if you can craft yourself a sambar scepter,even better. Your jewel in the belt,beside giving you stats is kind of bad.

Also the frenzy charge playstyle for me is a sort of hit and miss. Sure, if you put points in frenzy, the damage will be better,but then again, you won't have frenzy charges up constantly at every second, especially at boss fights, what then? You could respec a few points in the passive tree,play around a bit, if you need more strength for instance,do what I did and start going left from arcanist dominion towards retribution,and then devotion.

You get life nodes,strength nodes,damage nodes on the way.

The boss fights are not easy for me either, but then again,lightning traps are not the best for single target,arc is a bit better for that, or you could try DissentXTV Lightning LL TrapR build if you have the currency for it. It's low life with ES, but it does more damage.

Also shield charge can be....again a sort of hit and miss, for now I'm playing it safer behind, it's slower, but at least I don't get myself in situations where I get instagibbed,the build isn't exactly a RF jugg to just charge head first into battle.
Last edited by Nosferat on Dec 21, 2019, 11:34:57 AM
"
livejamie wrote:
Gear update with my new gloves!

Rest of it:

How are you triggering Arcane Surge Support in your shield when using Eldritch Battery? The change to using ES before mana seems to make my Surge not trigger at all.
"
Kirkuss wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
Gear update with my new gloves!

Rest of it:

How are you triggering Arcane Surge Support in your shield when using Eldritch Battery? The change to using ES before mana seems to make my Surge not trigger at all.

I'm not, it's just there because I'll be switching to Low-Life when I have the gear.
livejamie
After a few respecs,tweaks here and there. This build is kind of...."meh" for this league, arc is much better,ice traps better, mines are better and other type of trap builds are better, like DissentXTV Lightning LL TrapR.

Unfortunately,single target dps is seriously lacking, and spire trap is no good when the metamorph constantly transports itself into another dimension. Bear trap can help, but only sometimes.

Don't get me wrong,it still viable, just not really good. Till TIer 13-15 maps you are good, but endgame content? No, unless you have mirror tier gear.

Right now I'm thinking of switching,either another type of lightning trap build,an arc trap build,or a mine build. This one, is good,but mostly for mapping, bosses in this league are not exactly for this build.
Last edited by Nosferat on Dec 24, 2019, 11:15:11 AM

How is this weapon I'm using - Realistically will I replace it without spending over a couple ex? Is it good enough to put the exalt spell damage on it?

The weapon is giving me level 22 for both traps since buying 21/23 corrupted traps for this build are only 20c a piece.
Last edited by Kirkuss on Dec 25, 2019, 10:02:05 PM
Good morning and a happy new year.

Thank you very much for the guide. I'd love to play a lightning damage based trapper again. One thing that I don't understand is how this build generates frenzy charges. The skill tree uses + maximum charges/increased duration for frenzy but I can't understand how they are generated. There is no point in Master Sapper.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
Good morning and a happy new year.

Thank you very much for the guide. I'd love to play a lightning damage based trapper again. One thing that I don't understand is how this build generates frenzy charges. The skill tree uses + maximum charges/increased duration for frenzy but I can't understand how they are generated. There is no point in Master Sapper.

body armor ?
hi guys
asking for adVice for further improVing on gear

Is this any good for saboteur builds ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info