Finally Did it!....And, no, I don't play the game normally.

"
Ceri wrote:
Keep us posted, will you? I'd love to hear from you again once you've progressed.

Well, as per your request, here is an update.

I can sum it up as such : Incursions totally wrecked me!

Worst to Best:
- Duelist - lvl 26 - had the worst luck and gear. Walked into the slums, first group had some mini-boss, and defeat soon followed.
- Templar and Shadow - lvl 26 - ok gear and made it to the first Incursion found in the slums. Shadow lasted longer, but both were defeated within 10 seconds.
- Ranger - lvl 27 - decent gear and made it to the crematorium but got Atzoatl. Didn't make it through the first, main room. One of the fast moving ghosts and a fast moving knight caught me.
- Marauder - lvl 27 - again, decent gear and almost made it to the crematorium, but did an Incursion right before the door and within seconds was defeated.
- Scion - lvl 27 - excellent gear, 3 unique items. Made it through finding Tolman/Piety but I went back for an Incursion inside the crematorium and, again, got defeated.
- Witch - lvl 32 - decent gear and I feel like I play this class the best. But went into the 3rd or 4th Incursion, took 2 steps, and got ranged attacked by chaos. The 3 zombies went down right with me.

I think the moral of the story is - don't do Incursions until I know them better! :-)

As been said before, I'm just happy I made the goal of Sarn for the first time with all 7.

.........wonder how the next league will go?!?
<deleted>
Last edited by Tribbed on Aug 17, 2018, 2:33:47 PM
very ignorant, but i spend portions of the day looking at the wall, so I suppose if your version of staring at the wall depressed is torturing yourself on video game, gg
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
I must say playing with skill i find gem is kinda intriguing. Maby will give it a try? No vendors, just quest rewards and what i find.

Hm.
lmao tbh
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Boi, now i wanna try SSF tree-ignoring runs.
"
Scherge wrote:
Boi, now i wanna try SSF tree-ignoring runs.

Do it! But remember, it's a slower paced game. However, if you go for an Oni, it will make it easier/more fun.

Oh - and make some of your own rules too!
"
ChzBoi wrote:
"
Ceri wrote:
Keep us posted, will you? I'd love to hear from you again once you've progressed.

Well, as per your request, here is an update.

I can sum it up as such : Incursions totally wrecked me!

Worst to Best:
- Duelist - lvl 26 - had the worst luck and gear. Walked into the slums, first group had some mini-boss, and defeat soon followed.
- Templar and Shadow - lvl 26 - ok gear and made it to the first Incursion found in the slums. Shadow lasted longer, but both were defeated within 10 seconds.
- Ranger - lvl 27 - decent gear and made it to the crematorium but got Atzoatl. Didn't make it through the first, main room. One of the fast moving ghosts and a fast moving knight caught me.
- Marauder - lvl 27 - again, decent gear and almost made it to the crematorium, but did an Incursion right before the door and within seconds was defeated.
- Scion - lvl 27 - excellent gear, 3 unique items. Made it through finding Tolman/Piety but I went back for an Incursion inside the crematorium and, again, got defeated.
- Witch - lvl 32 - decent gear and I feel like I play this class the best. But went into the 3rd or 4th Incursion, took 2 steps, and got ranged attacked by chaos. The 3 zombies went down right with me.

I think the moral of the story is - don't do Incursions until I know them better! :-)

As been said before, I'm just happy I made the goal of Sarn for the first time with all 7.

.........wonder how the next league will go?!?

This. This is me, on HC.
Well I do have a char in Act 9 at the moment, but I am just terrible at surviving.
Which of course didn't stop me from doing stuff like "skip no Invaders, repeat no zones, SSF HC challenge" back in Invasion League.
Got to City Of Sarn, and got destroyed by the book tornadoes guy.
2nd attempt much later, was SSF HC blue gear - but RNG just refused to give me the Hidden Potential jewel so gave up.
a blue gear Ranger with Hidden Potential and a couple of Static Electricity jewels in Standard, is now my best Aquaduct farmer.

P.S: Oni is amazing. Though I didn't level with it. Farmed it for my Abyss League (and now Standard League) prime char, to use in maps.
She has dialogue for levelling. I'll try that some day.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 19, 2018, 1:16:44 AM
"
Ceri wrote:

Well again, as per your request, here is my PostDelve update.

And again, I can sum it up as such : Delve totally wrecked me!

Simply, I tried 3 sets of the 7 classes and only one (a witch) was lucky enough to be able to make it to Sarn. My Delve rule was - every time I had acquired enough sulfite to do some Delving, I would go and if possible, head downward, unless I needed more azurite.

My main issue with that league was my affinity to playing 'slowly' - which was not really a good way to play Delve, I think - especially with having to follow the cart. Too many strong mobs would show up too quickly for me. And those lion-thingys with their tail whip would usually defeat me quickly at depth.

I gave it a good try!

Started on Betrayal - doing pretty well - 4 classes made it to Sarn already [witch, shadow, marauder, templar]. (my poor unlucky duelists keeps making it past Vaal Oversoul and then getting stomped by the Betrayal in the pre-Sarn zone.....so close 2 times!)
WoW, just read this and you my man is a bit crazy. Ignoring the skill tree.. I didn't even think that was possible, you're insane. Hahaha! Well have fun and keep us posted on how you're doing with Betrayal. Man those syndicates will get you. Hope you don't bury them in the lab.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info