Why do we not have an auction house? Time for a new game?

yeah i think so.
"
PatienceGG wrote:

As for refusing to run to town to sell an item for a couple of chaos - Unfair for the person wanting to buy it as trading in this game is hard enough.

As always, who would that fabled person be to buy for chaos when thousands of other players are selling for an alt on the ah?

Well, i am happy there is no AH.

If there was to come a ah, they would have to balance the drops a lot, since a lot of the items will get easier to obtain with a 1 click buy out.

And many of them will be so cheap it will trivalize the game.

On a side note, i really enjoy the current system, even though i think they could add an interface within the game that lets you contact a person rather than a actual auction house.

I think it is important we comunicate instead of playing alone and never talk with anyone.
I enjoy that i have to get in contact with another player to buy an item, and then discuss with that person about a price.
"
Anubis2108 wrote:
Well, i am happy there is no AH.

Me too. The current situation is the lesser of two evils. And the recent example of bots having a huge influence of the economy should be enough to convince people that an AH would be a horrible idea. It's the wet dream of all botters, as they can cheat all that much more efficiently.

Also, if the developer diary is to be believed, the way I read it, about 90% of players don't trade at all (or very little). If an AH were to be implemented, item drop rates would have to be reduced. Which would in effect punish 90% of the player base and possibly alienate them.

Thankfully I don't think GGG are interested in implementing an AH, and they know the pros and cons a whole lot better than us mere forum dwellers ;-)
"
PatienceGG wrote:
[Removed by Support]

As for refusing to run to town to sell an item for a couple of chaos - Unfair for the person wanting to buy it as trading in this game is hard enough.

Players could buy items in the AH when the user is offline...because some of us don't sit on this game like its a full time job.

AH containing min bid, max bid - buyout.

People making currency while offline as real life is more important.

Stash tabs are needed to sell on AH. so GGG still makes their $$$$

Someone mentioned Chris already talked about there being an AH in the future? Link to that? ty

pretty much this right here, I agree. and would be a-okay with needing to buy stash tabs specifically for it. win/win they get money to keep doing what they do, and we get ease of selling. it wouldnt be pay to win, (though it probably would be about the closest thing to it in the game haha)

however I do believe it should 100% be only for items. no currency trades!
Last edited by Gun420 on Jul 23, 2018, 4:42:43 AM
An auction house would only (!) work as intended if every player had a very limited space to sell items.
This way, people woulnd´t just dump everything they find but chose specific items to sell.
If every account had let´s say 20 spaces for auctions, no one would sell crappy 1 alch uniques - except players who just started with the game or in fresh leagues.

But as we can create unlimited accounts, even that wouldn´t work.

So - before the economy gets completely ruined by an "offline sell more" like in D3, it´s certainly better for the game to not have an auction house at all.
Last edited by IamLoco on Jul 23, 2018, 5:36:41 AM
"
IamLoco wrote:

So - before the economy gets completely ruined by an "offline sell more" like in D3, it´s certainly better for the game to not have an auction house at all.

And it's certainly even better to not have any trading at all, and have an SSF game, just like all other ARPGs.
But for some wierd reason, GGG want players to trade with each other, and balance their game around that. Having an AH is a natural development of "we want players to trade with each other" motto.

There ARE other games with AH in them, and their "economies" dont get "ruined" after 1 month.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Sigh...MMOS don't count.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

But for some wierd reason, GGG want players to trade with each other, and balance their game around that. Having an AH is a natural development of "we want players to trade with each other" motto.

There ARE other games with AH in them, and their "economies" dont get "ruined" after 1 month.

Count on an entire league the time spent to trade. You have your answer.
Okish way to improve player retention.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jul 24, 2018, 10:21:27 AM
time for an AH baby! cant wait

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info