Why do we not have an auction house? Time for a new game?

An auction house would be nice, i mean doesn't hurt anyone but makes things far better for people like me. But again there are people that talk against the change even if that doesn't hurt anyone
"
xGarysx wrote:
An auction house would be nice, i mean doesn't hurt anyone but makes things far better for people like me. But again there are people that talk against the change even if that doesn't hurt anyone

When you say it does not hurt anyone you clearly have no clue about actual implications in long term and only have a very narrow minded visions of the immediate future and benefit ONLY to yourself. Maybe people like you are so few in number that are not important to please.

If you do not understand how a closed economy like POE works please don't request tools that will severely affect it in a negative way. EVEN IF you lack the insight to understand or foresee the negative impacts.

Please don't ask for the repercussions and explanation because I have replies in way to many threads on this subject about them.

Use the official trading site of the game. It just gut some very nifty improvements. Seeing the update today actually makes me extremely happy because if they invest time in improving this tool it means they have 0 intention of ever catering to people screaming AH. Happy days!
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
I hope I have not to explain, why they would have to adjust the drop rates,because of having an auction house in the games UI.
The game already is very RNG, now think about this and then with bad drop rate combined, how much fun would it be?
Do not tell, but no1 have to use it! Then why do they have to change it?
This doesn´t matter for the decission about reduced drop rates. If the game gets a short cut for players to substitute grinding items with buying items in super market, they would have to do so. Why should new players go and look for items by playing the game, if it takes just to grind currency and go shopping. But as long this chance to do so is not direct in the game´s UI, new players will not go for it as first way.
Later if the game makes fun, the players get knowledge about trading and then they can decide to use it or not.
This decision would be missed, if it is just one more click in the game to get gear.
I say NO to AH.
I have become a lazy trader based on the way the games trade system is designed I don't even bother to price check my items up for sale I check the average price when people are interested and go from there,
I can see why ggg don't want an automated trade system/auction house but it would make it less of a pain in the ass for the average player that doesn't use 3rd party shit to min max trading.

2018 btw, this isn't diablo2 or 3 ggg need to start thinking outside the box a bit more when it comes to crucial aspects of the game otherwise they end up balancing the game around 10% of people that use 3rd party trade tools than somebody who plays the game without 5 tabs open and 3 macros etc.

"
Krehlmar wrote:
I have no idea why any idiot would want a AH

Oh I'm sure sitting around for 2 hours sending alt-tabbing sending PM's to people who don't reply within AN HOUR (or if they do it's to say they already sold their item) is totally better than someone having an automated system do the work for them while they actually play the fucking game...

The idiots here are the people tho think an AH magically removes the buying-player having to stop playing to activate the Search UI in-game to look for an item in-game and make a purchase like they would on any 3rd-party trading site with another player but completely in-game.

The other party could be playing instead of teleporting back to HO to complete the trade themselves...the "laziness" just shifts (and loses weight) to the seller who simply has to list the item(s), leaving both parties with more time IN-GAME instead of IN-HO which has become to clear end-game play-target of GGG since their grand excuse on the matter is "we want player interaction / it'll be too hard to make :( ".

And if you want REAL player interaction you always implement a "negotiate/Haggle/Deal/PawnStars" button next to the buy so some poor bastard with 500 Chaos can buy something for 1Ex (and leave the servers out of the currency flux game).

Where you people get hung up on is "Auction House" and an image of a kid sitting in front of D3's AH after launch with his fathers wallet in hand as he's about to purchase twinked gear while you're grinding your brains to pudding...at which point I'd have to question why people keep skipping around this being the CORE reason D3's system died and the game with it, and how getting an AH here would somehow magically be the same thing...seeing as we're calling people stupid on grounds of not agreeing with what people playing a video game should be doing with their video game time.
15 year old HS student has 60hrs a week to play, and $5 to spend.

18 year old worker or college student / worker, has 10hrs a week to play and $200 to spend.

Do math GGG.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Krehlmar wrote:
I have no idea why any idiot would want a AH

Oh I'm sure sitting around for 2 hours sending alt-tabbing sending PM's to people who don't reply within AN HOUR (or if they do it's to say they already sold their item) is totally better than someone having an automated system do the work for them while they actually play the fucking game...

The idiots here are the people tho think an AH magically removes the buying-player having to stop playing to activate the Search UI in-game to look for an item in-game and make a purchase like they would on any 3rd-party trading site with another player but completely in-game.

The other party could be playing instead of teleporting back to HO to complete the trade themselves...the "laziness" just shifts (and loses weight) to the seller who simply has to list the item(s), leaving both parties with more time IN-GAME instead of IN-HO which has become to clear end-game play-target of GGG since their grand excuse on the matter is "we want player interaction / it'll be too hard to make :( ".

And if you want REAL player interaction you always implement a "negotiate/Haggle/Deal/PawnStars" button next to the buy so some poor bastard with 500 Chaos can buy something for 1Ex (and leave the servers out of the currency flux game).

Where you people get hung up on is "Auction House" and an image of a kid sitting in front of D3's AH after launch with his fathers wallet in hand as he's about to purchase twinked gear while you're grinding your brains to pudding...at which point I'd have to question why people keep skipping around this being the CORE reason D3's system died and the game with it, and how getting an AH here would somehow magically be the same thing...seeing as we're calling people stupid on grounds of not agreeing with what people playing a video game should be doing with their video game time.

Paragraph 1:

Full screen windowed mode + second screen: welcome to the 21st century.

Never had to wait an hour to buy an item: you are doing something wrong or want prices that are not realistic for the items you buy. PM to the first AFK guy in the list is just a waste of time.

Paragraph 2:

I agree they should remove 3rd party websites access like poe.trade. Luckily GGG has their own official page for trading that received improvements just today. Fantastic news because that means they are pushing forward in this direction and not implement anything in game.

Paragraph 3:

Porting to your HO for a trade is an action taken in game so it is actually playing the game. Getting an item for another player like this from his inventory to the trade window in your inventory is part of the game and the most natural way to do it. Randomly magically materializing currency and items in your stash IS NOT.

Trading is a choice. You don't have to do it and it's good it's not effortless because it enriches game play trough choices ranging from what you deem worthy to list and what price you are willing to stop killing and pop that portal because the trade is worth more. It make you change pace and knowingly or not prevents boredom.

Paragraph 4

Anything that does not require the player to see another player on the screen and generate some interaction between the two because they are located in the same place IS NOT PLAYER INTERACTION.

The currency flux game is quite fun and healthy for the economy. It helps smart people make currency and play nice builds they like. I sold my ex high this league speculating a natural drop close to standard rates late league. Needless to say for the amount of time I play I made a very good profit with the 70:1 chaos:ex ratio.

Paragraph 6

When a huge company with virtually infinite funds fails to implement an AH in an ARPG and more so fails to salvage a franchise with a fanatic following after the backlash you bet your dam ass a small company will take that as a sign and not make the same mistake. EVEN considering it in any kind of altered form would be a tremendously stupid business decision.

To conclude:

Thank the Pantheon you are not in charge of any kind of decision making for anything important in this regard because the game would go belly up in 2 months tops.

How about you leave people with actual experience crowned and recognized by undeniable success (GGG developer team)make these decisions. The game is actually their livelihood unlike simple entertainment for you so it's their interest to make the best choices.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Auction house incoming! Yeah baby
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
ARPGHunter wrote:

Bros! I'm just curious, after reading that link, how, exactly, does that "end" the discussion or how is it a reason to close this thread or any other thread on the subject??? Honestly, I'm a bit confused here.

To be somewhat obtuse, it's pretty simple. The thread asked why GGG does not have an auction house, and the link answered why they wont in great depth. The core element of the thread was answered.

There was nothing particularly special about this thread and didn't ask any special questions that were not already asked and asked again. All talking points and counterpoints have been debated and debated again, all while GGG seems unrelenting on their policy. Hence the puddle of dead horse stew on the ground that we keep hopping around in, somehow getting angry about the horse remains on our shoes afterwards, then coming back to the same puddle to play in some more.

TL:DR = The reasons GGG gives for NOT implementing an easier way to trade are HORSERUBBISH since those same criticisms can and HAVE been said of Path of Exile's passive skill tree.

You didn't understand my post. I read what GGG said. I understood what GGG said. What GGG said is rhetorical nonsense. What GGG said is no doubt just part of a larger marketing strategy and that was the best they could come up with. "Everybody can do everything! It'll make the game too easy."

Anyone in Global will tell you: 99% of the Uniques in the game are Vendor Trash. And the Uniques that are NOT vendor trash are used in 75% of the builds! There still exist build paths for which there is NO unique that support them. Rares are currently better than Uniques. Powercreep has made the Uniques LESS valuable. The withdrawal of Einhar also demonstrates that GGG has never had any clear goals in regards to items. At best, the Item system in Path of exile can be described as HAPHAZARD. Path of Exile's Item system is IDENTICAL to the item system used in ULTIMA ONLINE!!!

What I'm saying is; When you make a system with toothpicks, yarn and duct-tape its totally understandable that you go extra slow. But, at least admit that the reason you're going slow is because your system is composed of toothpicks, yarn and duct-tape.
Last edited by ARPGHunter on Jul 17, 2018, 2:31:20 PM
"
ARPGHunter wrote:
Anyone in Global will tell you: 99% of the Uniques in the game are Vendor Trash. And the Uniques that are NOT vendor trash are used in 75% of the builds!

Wrong approach, 99% LOOKS worthless and can has a normal to high value depending of rolls and corruption / enchants on them ( Incursion is a vaal expansion, i guess even with new implicits released people still prefer to stay on their first tought ).

Also note that their value is impacted by patch notes mostly, and popularity this is the sheep game in PoE 99% of players follow a build made by somebody else, if they were able or if the game was more motivating to create their own build it would be drasticly different you can be sure of that.

Sooo basicly if tommorow anybody with mid to high audience use that trash 1 alch unique in his build be sure to see price skyrocket, not like it was the case since the begin after all.

You must understand that the value of an item is not equal to it's to possible positive outcomes with it, that's kinda the first thing GGG should put in beginners tutorial.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jul 17, 2018, 5:27:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info