Why do we not have an auction house? Time for a new game?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Anyway story is they want you to waste tons of time messaging people who dont reply and making contact for trading to slow us down

Why on earth would they want that? That makes no sense, at all.
Going outside is highly overrated
-Anorak's Almanac. Chapter 17, Verse 32
Last edited by Vresiberba on Jul 15, 2018, 5:58:52 AM
Life goes by like a fart in the wind.
"
PatienceGG wrote:
dam shame.

Probably last league I will play. They do not consider that some people work 50+ hours a week and do not have time to sit in their HO waiting for people to purchase their items.

A bit late to the thread, but couldn't you be doing a map instead of just sitting in your hideout, waiting for someone to whisper you for a trade?

If you do decide to give up on Path of Exile, were you considering something in the MMO genre or sticking with the ARPGs?

"
Vresiberba wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Anyway story is they want you to waste tons of time messaging people who dont reply and making contact for trading to slow us down

Why on earth would they want that? That makes no sense, at all.

Long story short, they want item progression and acquisition to be meaningful.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Jul 15, 2018, 8:11:41 AM
"
PatienceGG wrote:

edit: Looked at your gear. Lols, no wonder you dont care about AH because your items are mostly vendor worthy.

Hey! Just wanted to point out that you missed an opportunity to prove or add support for your point, when you decided to insult him for his gear, rather than point out that "He'd probably have much better gear if there was an Auction House."
"
PatienceGG wrote:
So unless you log on daily then you are missing out on huge profits to be made.

So why hasnt GGG established an auction house or something for us to place our items into for selling while we are offline?

Losing out on tons of currency to made because GGG forces us to be logged in and having to physically trade them items to players.

Obligatory link to answer the core question "So why hasn't GGG established an auction house". End of thread since question answered? I know, this horse needs to be turned into a mist of red but one can dream.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870/page/1
That's exactly the point though... everyone would have "better gear" and there would be no motivation to play.
"
ARPGHunter wrote:
"
PatienceGG wrote:

edit: Looked at your gear. Lols, no wonder you dont care about AH because your items are mostly vendor worthy.

Hey! Just wanted to point out that you missed an opportunity to prove or add support for your point, when you decided to insult him for his gear, rather than point out that "He'd probably have much better gear if there was an Auction House."

I mean,not only he can't show me how my characters are worth 5c each (as he said multiple times)he clearly doesn't understand how gearing works in this game. I mean,if i clear maps in a minute and im able to farm the whole content of the game,then for some ungodly reason i should spend my time trading and perfecting my gear. Its just something that i doubt ill try to explain even if that guy seriously wanted a conversation as of why i have what i have.

clear and complete lack of understanding of this game. Bear in mind though,while im against AH,our argument wasn't even about that subject,its about his bad reasoning.
"
PatienceGG wrote:
Seems im not the only one who has an issue with GGG not setting up an AH.

Idc if you'll miss me or not. We support this game and it shows they are causing more people to quit because they are ignoring content that the player base wants.

And people earning top chaos do have these issues. Surely you should stop talking in areas you have no experience in. 16 anchments :D omegalul

Where is your 'support'?
All you have done in this post is make yourself look like a tit, insulting people on their gear and number of challenges when you only have 20 yourself... as an excuse for lack of an argument.

How about you stop being private for a while, let's see how that goes :)
(Yes I bored)
they said they want players to feel the "reward" of getting the items they were looking for.
yh... that doesnt work very well, how am i supose to make a char around X uniques if i have to pray for them to drop?
i just buy all the items before even making the char.
"
spoc002 wrote:
how am i supose to make a char around X uniques if i have to pray for them to drop?

This is one of the strongest arguments for offline trading capability. Other than a couple of divination cards, it is impossible to target specific items to farm for. If we could farm specific build-enabling items, the cries for an AH would almost entirely vanish.

Forget the AH idea. It will never happen and I somewhat agree with that. What needs to be suggested is a system that both alleviates the above pain point and keeps the current stash tab monetization in place. Adding another revenue stream for GGG to the mix couldn't hurt, either.

Player shops, enabled by the purchase of a "license," using premium tabs as the "shelves," and maintained by sellers that require the buyer to find the item via a search (in-game official trade site via another bulletin board in quest hubs) and to travel to the seller's shop to purchase the item from an NPC, skins for which can be sold in the cash shop. It's still tedious and it still requires "work" for both seller and buyer but allows for purchases while the two parties cannot meet to make a trade.

If they were to implement something like this, I would expect the license to be overly expensive because GGG but at least it would exist.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
Last edited by Makillda on Jul 15, 2018, 9:52:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info