[necro] Possibility to lock main / off hand for swapping

I wasn't aware of such a thing, but it seems that old thread get locked automatically after some time ?

Anyway, original thread :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1790342/page/1

This suggestion is more relevant than ever given the relatively new skill "Spectral Shield Throw".
We also just had a Build of The Week featuring perma weapon swap to trigger elder or shaper mods .... so this makes a lot of sense right now.

Quick copy/paste of the old thread :

"
Fruz wrote:
Hey there.

This is an idea that've had for a pretty long time, but I never "bothered" to come and "throw" it here ( never seen a thread proposing it either, I hope there isn't ).

Basically, I think that it would be cool if we could "lock" one weapon / shield slot ( UI-wise, a checkbox on top of the slot would work I guess, kinda of a detail anyway ).

Let's say that I want to switch weapon ... but I want to keep my shield :
I lock the shield.
Any weapon swap will not swap the shield anymore as long as it is locked, only the weapon.

Same could go for weapons, I want to switch shield : I lock the weapon so that swapping will only affect the shield now.

There could ( probably would ) be restrictions such as :
- if one slot needs to be locked, the alternative weapon ( I or II, the one not being used ) needs to be empty.

I guess most players don't care about such things and just want one setup that obliterates everything in the blink of an eye but .... I think that it would be cool to have it, we could easily switch weapon for reflect rares for example, or switch shields ( hello kaltensoul, for example ) for example.

Cheers

I also just found a recent Reddit thread :
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8eq2yq/discussion_allow_locking_of_the_offhand_weapon/

PS : if a moderator could fuse both threads, that could be helpful I guess.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 14, 2018, 1:34:24 AM
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2018, 11:19:45 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I vote for this.

Especialy if you have aura or blasphemy curse in shield or weapon, because every swap switch em off. Also some builds have two setups (defensive weapon + shield and offensive 2 weapons dual) and when you have option to swap both weapon only - you must to have 3 similar weapons or change weapon manualy from inventory.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
yeah one of my necro's had a brightbeak + victario's charity and for the swap, advancing fortress + victario's charity. Although the gem links weren't really the same, that char probably could have used just one charity...

I think the one item lock/swap stuff would be cool.
Yeah, and that would make sense from a "realism" point of view as well.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Would be a nice feature

+1
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::
+1 :]
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info