It would be nice if we received a PM when one of our posts was deleted

Alternatively, perhaps they could show up in our post history (only for us) with a red background?
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2018, 5:37:45 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Sarno wrote:
Alternatively, perhaps they could show up in our post history (only for us) with a red background?

I wished we had a "moderation history" or something like that to see what has been removed or edited.
Because it's sometimes hard to keep track, for having been involved in that joke of a lab thread ( and been edited or having had post removed many times in there I think ) .... it's hard to remember all of it honestly.

Of course the message history could be used for that I guess, I'm wondering if showing a version history regarding moderator's editing would be a big deal to add.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 14, 2018, 1:09:50 AM
It would also be nice if polite PMs to moderators did not get ignored. Tell me you disagree with how I view it, or I’ll hear from “the appropriate team members”, or... anything at all, really. Even if it's just "I can't discuss this with you for policy reasons, but you can e-mail Support".

Any acknowledgment of the message at all.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
I've been getting PM about posts being removed for a while, also includes the reasons it was removed.(first post removed one back in 2015 but others going back more than that for other things like edits)

I've also had PM when they edit posts, i've had them PM me to request that I edit the posts

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 14, 2018, 4:20:45 AM
Same here; I did get a message when my posts were moderated. Even for posts I have reported myself, even for trivial reasons like accidental double-posting.

I can't say for sure that nobody has ever deleted one of my posts without letting me know; because how would I know about that in the first place; but it is not something that is the default. Sorry to hear that it happened to you, I hope it was just an isolated incident and you can work this out.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
if your post is deleted or even edited and you dont get a pm, someone at support is not doing their job. Email support or possibly PM Rachel directly.

Naturally its hard to tell sometimes which is why Support sometimes do it. But they are absolutely meant to inform someone if their post has had to be moderated.

This is something a VP should know.

Actually, when being edited, this process seems automatic, I would expect the same when a post is being removed.

Or am I wrong and it's not automatic ?

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
if your post is deleted or even edited and you dont get a pm, someone at support is not doing their job. Email support or possibly PM Rachel directly.

Naturally its hard to tell sometimes which is why Support sometimes do it. But they are absolutely meant to inform someone if their post has had to be moderated.

This is something a VP should know.

Yeah i totally wasn't following this post at all up till your comment simply because ive had a couple (few..) things here on the forum Removed/Edited and upon ALL of these occasions (at least to my knowledge) i have myself received a handy little reminder in my Message box.

Now again this is "To my Knowledge" meaning if they have moderated me before here and didn't message me i simply missed it.. It would also be fair and only right and honest of me to also admit most of the time i did get moderation... i probably deserved it. Meaning i was kinda looking for it.. kinda knew i was gonna go to check the forums and see a handy little message.. from GGG Support. hehe

Definitely not an automatic process either BTW from just a quick check of past moderation.. They all appear to be individually written with individual flaws and misspellings and what have you. Even the ones from the same mod about multiple comments on the same post were wrote individually i noticed.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
From my little experience I'm fairly sure it's not automatic;another thing to note is that I got PM'd when a post of mine got moved or edited (happened a few times), but not when one was deleted (it happened only once, but I'm sure of that).
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I've had a couple posts moderated, and owing to quoting a post that got deleted my quote of it also got deleted. I was messaged about all of this.

It seems to be an aberration not to get messaged about it, so someone likely did drop the ball. And once in a while, that's okay because support and moderators are only human after all. If you don't get a message about something then message support and inquire about it and I expect it's likely they'll be able to give you more information.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info