How much res should I overstack?

Hi guys,

for how much overstacked res should a HC Player aim for depending on condent?
Last bumped on Jul 14, 2018, 5:13:02 AM
"
DaniW wrote:
Hi guys,

I'd generally aim for +15% overcap, as that will account for Ele weakness curse on Red maps. Technically, you could get that and -12% max res, but I'd roll past that nonsense.
"
TheBagman wrote:

I'd generally aim for +15% overcap, as that will account for Ele weakness curse on Red maps.

that's quite a big typo off of "34%" you got there

(You need a total of 169% to account for Ele Weakness curse on Red Maps, before applying Kitava penalty. This breaks down as follows:
60% - Kitava penalty
75% - ordinary resists
34% - Elemental Weakness)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Whoops! The '15' is the curse level, not the percentage.

Adghar is correct with the 34% number, of course. Apologies for the confusion.
As a general rule, I aim for 75(109) after finishing act 10.
This keeps me above the 75 cap even on a T16 with Elemental Weakness curse.

This is on Softcore but i assume it's the same for Hardcore.

I also aim for positive Chao resist (at least +10) even though the SC folks say it's not necessary, i just find it extremely useful.
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Jul 12, 2018, 10:39:48 PM
Just adding that some monsters can apply an extra resist debuff such as Elemental Equilibrium (Volcano boss), frost bomb and such (also curses are stackable) so you would need eventually even more in some cases (resistance flasks and/or auras can help in these situations).
This is more of a SC solution but warding flasks will remove the need to overstack against ele weakness but relies on flask uptime which is not possible with all builds.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jul 13, 2018, 8:52:47 AM
"
DaniW wrote:
Hi guys,

Depends on player and build and target objective. If you try to level to 100 then overcapping against possible bad luck combinations makes more sense then trying to do that on a boss killer. I dont think there is a simple general answer to your question. Understand the threat (stacking curse and other debuffs) and understand your own gameplay (esp anti curse flask uptime) and then make an 'informed' decision.

Also: Resists are not all equal. For example on my RF build I have fire resist overcapped much higher than the other ones.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
@Zrevnur: True! But I´ve got to know how much res you lose by what curse, instance and so on!
"
DaniW wrote:
@Zrevnur: True! But I´ve got to know how much res you lose by what curse, instance and so on!

Unfortunately there is a lot of special stuff in the game and I dont know of a complete detailed list. Player resistance reductions from enemies has some info.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info