[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Love ur build! Playing right now with 6link oro's+belly, its a lot of fun, just did elder for the first time aswell! Was wondering if adding a lvl 3 empower would be a good idea and if yes, would u suggest to flicker or molten, my guess would be molten - Right now im playing with Molten>Combustion>Multistrike>Immolate>ConcEffect>EleDmgWithAttacks. Which gem would u suggest i switched out, if any ?

Thx again for the build, always wanted to play a reliable flickerbuild!
"
Siyker wrote:
A poster asked on the previous page about Mokou's Embrace; I've been using Mokou's in combination with an Eye of Innocence. This is a cheap (<10c now) combo to start out with for a big boost in damage, since Combustion alone yields 95% chance to ignite on Flicker or Molten Strike meaning you're getting ignited yourself multiple times per second from Eye of Innocence. Additionally, the amount of self damage works great with a CWDT-Curse on Hit-Blade Vortex-Enfeeble/Flammability setup. With CWDT at level 1 you basically always have BV up and cursing things around you. The mana gained from not using Blasphemy lets you throw in something like Arctic Armour.

Wow hadn't thought about using it as a poor man's blasphemy, that's awesome. Response to other poster was with endgame character in mind.

"
Crimpingblow wrote:
Decided to try fossil crafting a Stygian for the build. This was my hit on the first resonator!

Thoughts? :D

Gz man that is beast.

"
How bad would this build be without Fireborn jewel? Are there any good alternate ways to path through Duelist melee? Just wondering if I can make this work in SSF, cheers.

Fireborn wouldn't be a problem, can path downwards in duelist through the projectile damage nodes and into the frenzy charge.

Issue would be with fire Impresence, it's possible to make the build without it but I doubt it would feel as good. There's tons of other great damage nodes such as "heart of flame" in top left (and "Cruel preparation" beside it) which make up for the Fireborn damage loss, but you'd only path there if you had an Impresence to begin with.

"
xbryguyx wrote:
Getting there. I'm wondering what my next upgrade should be. Im thinking Anger Watchers eye but i have about 1ex and 30ish c after buying some stuff yesterday.

For sure Fire Impresence - it makes map clear feel significantly better.

"
jzprG wrote:
Love ur build! Playing right now with 6link oro's+belly, its a lot of fun, just did elder for the first time aswell! Was wondering if adding a lvl 3 empower would be a good idea and if yes, would u suggest to flicker or molten, my guess would be molten - Right now im playing with Molten>Combustion>Multistrike>Immolate>ConcEffect>EleDmgWithAttacks. Which gem would u suggest i switched out, if any ?

Thx again for the build, always wanted to play a reliable flickerbuild!

Glad you're enjoying it! Don't recommend empower as it does not scale well with melee abilities (which scale best from weapon, not gem level). It's really OP for anything that gets big benefits from gem level but neither flicker strike or molten strike fits into that category.

"
Cash4Cookies wrote:
thoughts on putting a banner (war/dread) into the build?

they do seem kinda decent, war banner has accuracy which should help, phys dmg is a bit meh ofc. adrenaline when placed should be helpful for bosses.

dread banner being similar to enfeeble with decreasing accuracy for nearby mobs, impale once again being rather meh cuz physical i guess. increased fortify when placed as a more defensive option for bossing.

just gotta figure out where to get the extra mana from for the 10% reservation.

War banner is definitely the more interesting one out of these two, just for the adrenaline which looks to be about a 1.25x damage boost for the 2.5 seconds its up. It looks possible to run it by swapping the enhance gem for a level 3 enlighten gem (This makes it 4 off colours though RIP), but I'm unsure if the 70-80 unreserved mana would be enough for flicker strike to feel good. Will test this tonight for sure, thanks for bringing it up!
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Started another Ascendant with this build yesterday, and...

Jesus christ, how I've missed Flicker Strike. My last time playing it was on Harbinger, and I didn't get too far on the league, but it was fun as hell. And it's still fun as hell, specially with an Oro build.

Dismantled a previous Ascendant just to get the parts for this one, and it's smooth as fuck.

Went from killing Kitava to high yellow maps. Other than the obvious helmet enchant/6L weapon/6L chest/watcher's eye and 10 lvls or so, any upgrades?

(I also need to change the colors on the chest, get the molten strike a little bit more focused on single-target)
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Dec 18, 2018, 7:48:26 PM
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

According to your Ice Golem and Immortal Call your CWDT is 2 level to high, also BloodRage is triggered from CWDT too, avoid this.

Also you can switch Anchestral Support to Fire Pen for more SingleTarget.

Anchestral is very nice for Delving.
Last edited by Zonk88 on Dec 18, 2018, 10:03:35 PM
"
Zonk88 wrote:
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

According to your Ice Golem and Immortal Call your CWDT is 2 level to high, also BloodRage is triggered from CWDT too, avoid this.

Also you can switch Anchestral Support to Fire Pen for more SingleTarget.

Anchestral is very nice for Delving.

Yeah, that's one of the things I gotta fix. Had this gem setup from another character, everything is overlevelled. :/

And thanks about the Fire Pen tip! Needed another gem with the same color to switch while I'm still stuck with the 5L.
Great guide, currently in the process of leveling my scion and still gearing her up.

How much of an effect does a “-X% to enemy fire resistances near you” mod on a helmet effect the DPS? Is it more of a QoL mod? I was able to snag a MS enchanted helmet with that mod
Hey, awesome build really enjoying it so far!

I just did uber lab and got lucky with a tornado enchant on my starkonja's so I have a 7ex budget right now, gonna buy a second might of the meek. What should I upgrade next, 6L Belly or 6L oro's? Or anything else?
"
raizoir wrote:
Great guide, currently in the process of leveling my scion and still gearing her up.

How much of an effect does a “-X% to enemy fire resistances near you” mod on a helmet effect the DPS? Is it more of a QoL mod? I was able to snag a MS enchanted helmet with that mod

Due to diminishing returns of fire penetration, it's really good on things that are heavily resistant to the flammability curse (which provides fire penetration) and pretty insignificant vs things that aren't resistant to flammability.

So for shaper/elder (who are very resistant to curses) it's around 7-8% more damage, while vs white trash mobs its only 4-5% more damage.

Basically the less fire penetration you currently have the better the helmet becomes.

"
BDMSTR wrote:
Hey, awesome build really enjoying it so far!

I just did uber lab and got lucky with a tornado enchant on my starkonja's so I have a 7ex budget right now, gonna buy a second might of the meek. What should I upgrade next, 6L Belly or 6L oro's? Or anything else?

For sure Oro's - 6 link molten is OP
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Hey on mobile currently so it’s difficult for me to quote your response.

Would the -X% Fire resis mod on a helmet open up the possibility of dropping the fire penetration gem for a different one?
hey there got a question im having hard trouble...

im getting 1shot almost ever xD

could u check my profile?^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info