Flat earth, round earth? 1km of solid rock.

Heavy rain is due, last I heard was they were thinking of staring now.

Will still be 11 hours before any news though.

My partner knows some people who have gone over (well, by know I mean has met once or twice). She used to be a semi-professional underwater photographer and cave diving is some seriously scary shit.

Here's hoping the gods are smiling.

Peace,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
Yes, it looks like they are underway with the rescue attempt. Here's hoping...

ed:
"
Third boy reportedly rescued, safe
By James Massola
A local official has told Fairfax Media, through a translator, that a third boy has also been rescued and is on his way out of the cave.

Al-Jazeera is also reporting a third boy has been freed and is being assessed at a field hospital.

and

ed:
"
Reuters has reported the fifth and sixth boys have now been rescued.

"I have received information that six have exited the cave", a senior member of the rescue team told Reuters.

'This bot was a god's gift to me, seeing as i cant sit in front of the computer for more than 2 hours everday without straining my eyes and in pain however this has come to a tragic end' - lljujjsusujjjk
Last edited by erdelyii on Jul 8, 2018, 9:48:32 AM
Oh this is so awesome. SO awesome.

But just reading about some of the difficulties. Areas where they have to remove their scuba gear because it's too tight. Some gaps no bigger than 30cm. What the fucking fuck.

And there are people from all over the world on-scene. Americans, Australians, Europeans, and of course locals. This is one for the ages.
I'm like that one piece of ugly furniture too heavy to get rid of. Best you just learn how to live with it. If it comes down to you or me leaving, it's going to be you every time. I can do this all day if I want. Literally.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Jul 8, 2018, 9:55:17 AM

So far so good. Six was premature, and now it's eight, but so far so good.
'This bot was a god's gift to me, seeing as i cant sit in front of the computer for more than 2 hours everday without straining my eyes and in pain however this has come to a tragic end' - lljujjsusujjjk
It's ogre. Everyone is safe.
"We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism. The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness and harmony."

-Donald J. Trump
I'm so glad it turned out for the best. Of all the things for me to think about, I was dwelling on just how much trauma that coach would have had had they lost even one boy. He took them down there. It was his responsibility. Even if what happened was completely out of his control, inevitably he'd blame himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2018/jul/03/thailand-cave-rescue-where-were-the-boys-found-and-how-can-they-be-rescued

Nice summary of everything.
I'm like that one piece of ugly furniture too heavy to get rid of. Best you just learn how to live with it. If it comes down to you or me leaving, it's going to be you every time. I can do this all day if I want. Literally.
"
Completed 10 Challenges鬼殺し wrote:
I'm so glad it turned out for the best. Of all the things for me to think about, I was dwelling on just how much trauma that coach would have had had they lost even one boy. He took them down there. It was his responsibility. Even if what happened was completely out of his control, inevitably he'd blame himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2018/jul/03/thailand-cave-rescue-where-were-the-boys-found-and-how-can-they-be-rescued

Nice summary of everything.

Yes, I think millions agree.

Recently released footage shows how dangerous it was. I think after the first boys got out it may have started to seem relatively straightforwards.

The coach has been on so many people's minds. From the article featuring his story earlier, yes. He, by all accounts, has had a tough life and turned suffering to good. I imagine his buddhist monk discipline and wisdom would have been so vital for them all.

The whole group was a bunch of poor kids. I do hope the spotlight and fame that comes from this will be handled well by those around them, and brings the community some benefit, and most of all that they are all ok. Post-epic survival is a tough time. There was talk of flying the kids to the World Cup final, which was an understandable gesture - people inclined to help offer what they have at hand - but probably too psychologically jarring. Perhaps the surviving members of the team of Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571 might come and chill with them?

Going in a closed environment like a plane after being stuck in a cave? I'd say: "HELL NO!"
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
Going in a closed environment like a plane after being stuck in a cave? I'd say: "HELL NO!"

Lol, pretty much.

I have been caving - with torches and overalls; no diving, but the system was not marked, roped or lit. On the longest day we went in during broad daylight and came out in starry darkness. It felt like time was compressed in the cave and then to take in looking up at the sky that so much had passed was completely disorienting, and exhilarating. here

Those kids are going to take a long time to adjust, and it was not a fun several hours' wriggling and climbing around in the mud and limestone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info