[3.15]Fire&Flamethrower Traps Saboteur/Strongest Combo in the Game/League starter+Boss farmer

What about taking Skitterbots and speccing Explosives Expert instead of Born in the Shadows? Wouldn't that maximize our damage by letting us take advantage of burn, shock, and chill? Sorry if someone suggested this before.
Can anyone suggest a good Tabula setup for easy leveling with Fire Trap?
Want to start leveling today and get used to trap mechanic from the start.
Hey there,
I'm wondering what I can do next with my gear? I mean apart from the crit chest. Also I found that +1 Bow for 50c and I didnt have much money at the time, now I have about 3 ex but could save up more if needed.
I copied most of the stuff you have, like fire damage on rings, almost full dmg amulet, double crit and crit multi quiver, watchers eye and everything. But I don't even get close to your PoB dmg.
And yes my gems arent 20 and Im only 85, but I should at least be at half or 70% of your dmg I think.
https://pastebin.com/0fMe2Njf
Hello,

First of all congrats on the nice job you have done with this build.

I have a couple of questions:
- how do you craft the bow? do you just spam it with essence of woe? or do you alt it to get any of the mods?
- how do you craft the flamethrower enchant on the helm? is it only available in the lab?

Thanks.
"
- how do you craft the bow? do you just spam it with essence of woe? or do you alt it to get any of the mods?
- how do you craft the flamethrower enchant on the helm? is it only available in the lab?

Now I know I didnt make this guide but I can answer your questions:
As stated in the gear section, the Essence is the only way to get Spell Damage on a bow. You can alt spam +1 to gems tho if you want.

Yes only lab. And enchanted Fossil, these are only 3c this league so maybe you can try that.
"
monemone wrote:
what to do with the 6 points from using master sapper anoint? snowforged and firewalker?

Yes those are viable options.You can always go for more life or pick some jewel nodes if you are missing them due to being low level or something.
"
TrafficLi9HT wrote:
Hey there,
I'm wondering what I can do next with my gear? I mean apart from the crit chest. Also I found that +1 Bow for 50c and I didnt have much money at the time, now I have about 3 ex but could save up more if needed.
I copied most of the stuff you have, like fire damage on rings, almost full dmg amulet, double crit and crit multi quiver, watchers eye and everything. But I don't even get close to your PoB dmg.
And yes my gems arent 20 and Im only 85, but I should at least be at half or 70% of your dmg I think.
https://pastebin.com/0fMe2Njf

If you have the currency,you should go for a better weapon.And there is a huge damage difference between a lvl 19 and 21 fire trap so you will notice that and the %20quality bonuses when you level those gems.Also your boots are missing crit or penetration enchant so that's a huge damage loss.
"
otolino wrote:
Hello,

First of all congrats on the nice job you have done with this build.

Thanks.

If you are going for the budget version,you just use essence of woe and hope for a one with + socketed gems(this is the hardest one) or at least crit multi or any open affixes so you can craft something good on it.If you are gonna use alterations then you aren't doing the budget version and you don't use any essences.You just spam alteration,get + socketed gems,regal it,annul the bad affix,leave + gems alone then multi mod by paying 2ex,craft the things you desire(check the gear section) and that's it.
For you second question, helm enchants are available from lab so you need to buy one from other players unless you are playing SSF.You can buy a good base(prefferably 84ilvl if you are aiming for a Tier 1 resist) and craft it yourself.Helm enchants do not disappear when you craft the helm so don't worry about it.Check gear explanation section to see how to craft it.
What about using this?

Last edited by kakzeyaeboshu on Sep 15, 2019, 8:05:03 AM
"
iKanks wrote:
Loving the build so far!

Following firetrap only version of this build. At one point I tested Flamethrower 5L as well, but it felt a bit cumbersome to switch between two trap skills and keep your eye on cooldown.

That extra life you get from Kaom's felt like a necessity, as the only defense you get is from blinding ascendancy skillnode and acrobatics. Like the OP stated, I'd definitely go for Pyromaniac ascendancy node in Merciless lab, as life regen is a big problem. I didn't take it in Merciless and regretted it pretty hard til Uber lab.

At this point, damage wise, 5L firetrap is more than enough for Izaro and Atziri. Will start looking into 6L soon.

Day 2 progress of this build (lvl 86):
Spoiler

My second update. Today I hit Lvl95, and can do most of the content comfortably at 7.2k life. Just some fine tuning left to do with with headgear, rings and gems.

It was near impossible to find a 6L trapper bow on the market, as trappers are quite niche this league, so I ended up having to craft one myself.

100m left til Empower is lvl 3, hopefully will succesfully vaal it.
If it succeeds, I might try swapping out Kaoms for 6L and giving flamethrower another try.

Spoiler

GMT (+2:00) Central European Standard Time
Last edited by iKanks on Sep 15, 2019, 12:37:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info