trade search improvement

When we search for certain things it only highlights them and keeps the rest unhighlighted. Why not make it were it only shows what we search for. An example if i search for tornado shot projectile on helm there is 200+ pages and only 3 helms have what i'm looking for.

Make it were it only shows the three helms so i don't have to waste time searching and not playing the game.
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2018, 3:54:28 PM
It is that way because the Great One Defined of POE believes that easy trading is bad for your game experience.

The applicable scripture:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870

You may find enlightenment but perhaps little joy.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
For you to see that goes for almost a year and no improvement in the trade system, I only see people taking scams and receiving mediocre offers on their items. I say coup, because ggg has implemented a more annoying system yet to send, receive, refuse and accept offers.

I've spent more than an hour going through pages looking for an item, reaching 500-600 pages.
Tbh, I think the highlighting feature was just a quick fix, as it was easy to implement. Its client side and need no server changes. If they would kinda filter and not show all those items on the client side, the client would for your 3 items out of 600 pages, download all 600 pages at once and filter...

Maybe they were not allowed to make any changes serverside, or it was more based on that the person who actually can change that, is too busy keeping up with all the regular changes, based on the tight 3 months content update schedule.

I said it before, I would prefer to keep the current league for another 6 months, have all the xbox team work on gaming experience, rather than on more and more content. Its time for fine tuning and ironing out nasty stuff like the rubberbanding etc. We are still missing so many features, like chat, a better grouping system, good trading experience, "stash tab pricing" :-) , guilds and guild stashes.

I really don't know why they feel the pressure to keep up with pc and push out content over content, if most of the players get hyped for the new update for 3 days and then realize, bleh we have still the same issues to face, that turned me off last league. I would really like to know, how many ppl stopped playing and just watching forums, discord etc in the hope to get the announcement, they are actually fixing something. As I heared on Discord, its supposed to be a really small team with super limited resources.

Would anyone mind, if they would really put content on hold to work on the basics?

"
filix wrote:

Would anyone mind, if they would really put content on hold to work on the basics?

I'd like to understand the "terms" of that arrangement first - does it for example mean no patches until the work is done (but yes, I lean toward hold new / fix old).
But do the Xbox team write the new league xbox code from scratch or do they borrow from the PC code? If the Xbox team just adapts the PC code, then I expect that they are locked into following the PC developments (they can't skip an update because all following updates assume that the skipped update is in place). They may be really working hard just to throw in the odd Xbox specific goodie - who knows?

As for desync and rubber banding, I never played on the PC and so it all I have ever known. I'm still playing pretty basic builds which also limits my pain, but from my vantage point, those issues do not look like something that can be fixed anytime soon (speaking as a lay person, sounds like a major re-write of the server/client relationship).
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info