Poe.trade should be used for pricing items

Like a simple note when opening up the AH for the first time that says “check out poe.trade to make sure the price of your item isn’t outrageously high” and that’s putting it nicely trash uniques worth 6 exalted is getting annoying
Last bumped on Jul 3, 2018, 11:36:08 PM
Well.. its not that simple.

If something is common and there is lots of them on the tb the price cant be very high.

If its rare and only a few then yeah its rare and those 2 players that managed to find them are to set the price.

Like lets say i would be the one and only player to find sidherbreath.
Its crap.. its insanely common now.
But if i would have the only one , it would be priceless.
If anyone ever made a build with it he would have to come for me and pay a ton to get it.

Ex is worth ~130c on pc and 50-60c on xbox.
How do you explain that?

You cant just use poe.trade since they are two completely separate markets.

I too see these stupidly priced items and i dont like it eighter.
But the solution is more complex than youd think.
That makes since
"
V3mpa1N wrote:

How do you explain that?

Bots and players are using chaos recipe on pc, and with incursions its pretty easy to find the right rares. Inventory management on the xbox is way to clunky, so its not that comon to use the chaos recipe. Thats my guess on that part.
Yes, I've been mulling over the seeming anomaly with the chaos/exalt price relationship.

Current wisdom seems to be that there are not enough top tier players in the Xbox community to knock down prices. But what if the grand migration from the PC player base has instead produced a higher ratio of top tier players on Xbox versus PC? This could explain the lower number of chaos required to buy an exalt on Xbox. But then why aren't prices lower on other stuff?

Well lets consider a slightly more detailed view of the player base, consisting of
top tier (think in exalts, farm high end gear)
middle tier (produce/find chaos and trade for then for exalts to buy high end gear)
casual tier (buy stuff with whatever currency drops)
slaves/robots (the alleged farm bot army on PC)
crafter class

Theory:
That there is no farm bot army on Xbox and this means that there is less currency available on Xbox - so for example, fuses which everyone uses will be harder to acquire by trade. I would also guess that bots produce a higher ratio of chaos to exalts than top tier and middle tier - and on PC that the chaos/exalt relationship is driven by the ratio of top tier, to middle tier plus bots, but on Xbox, just top tier to middle tier.
That the crafter class is missing or highly under developed on Xbox. The main consequence is that the top tier lacks a significant currency sink (after obtaining a few uniques, there is a real lack of quality gear to spend their wealth on). As a result, there is no pressure/reason to sell their found stuff aggressively because there is nothing really worth buying beyond uniques and the situation persists because there is no concern about bots flooding the market with cheap goods. The lack of crafters might also cut down on exalt consumption (but another currency sink, high end mapping will still consume lots of chaos).

So we end up with a market where chaos are scarcer in relation to exalts, fuses can be painful to acquire, prices for uniques are generally higher, and there is a sharp lack of quality (crafted) rares. And of course the smaller player base likely means a reduced "smoothing" effect.

Not a bullet proof theory, but an attempt to understand the Xbox market.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
V3mpa1N wrote:
Well.. its not that simple.

If something is common and there is lots of them on the tb the price cant be very high.

If its rare and only a few then yeah its rare and those 2 players that managed to find them are to set the price.

Like lets say i would be the one and only player to find sidherbreath.
Its crap.. its insanely common now.
But if i would have the only one , it would be priceless.
If anyone ever made a build with it he would have to come for me and pay a ton to get it.

How do you explain that?

You cant just use poe.trade since they are two completely separate markets.

I too see these stupidly priced items and i dont like it eighter.
But the solution is more complex than youd think.

Quite possibly the most laughably wrong attempt at decribing how supply and demand works that I've ever seen, people with this mentality are exactly why the economy is fucked.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Slizzered wrote:

Quite possibly the most laughably wrong attempt at decribing how supply and demand works that I've ever seen, people with this mentality are exactly why the economy is fucked.

The only reason why the prices are skewered up is because of the amount of players.. The more players there are, the more farming people are doing and actually find these items lol. The players aren't "messing" up the economy.

Edit: lol @ your post about players should get a ban for putting items on the board as unlisted. big yikes.
Last edited by Ant___ on Jul 1, 2018, 9:08:21 PM
"
Slizzered wrote:

Sigh..

Everyone is allowed to have opinions right?

I will just leave it at that.

"

The only reason why the prices are skewered up is because of the amount of players.. The more players there are, the more farming people are doing and actually find these items lol. The players aren't "messing" up the economy.

Except it's not the only reason, it is a reason, even the biggest reason but there are other factors in play here.

You are anonymous, this means you can charge whatever you want without being called out for it. It's the same thing that creates internet tough-guys.

Accounts aren't linked, and therefore tools that helps you understand the market are useless to you. If you want to see what your items is worth, you do the same thing someone who is trying to buy one does, hunt for it, slowly and painfully unless you have an item that is unique and of a type where there aren't a lot of them, even so looking sucks.

Price fixing either direction is easy due to both the above.

We lack tools to assist in trading beyond poe.trade type sites, PC has macros that will tell you the price of an item.

The Xbox market overvalues Uniques and undervalues rares, this throws the market out of whack and probably explains why Exalts are so much cheaper on Xbox. If it wasn't for rares I'm not sure I'd still be playing. This also means I have to pick my builds very carefully.

No alternative means to sell items - buy premium tabs or do not contribute to the market. This further decreases the items for sale.

There are others but I've already written a lot. I'm not even disagreeing with you so much as saying it's not as simple as some make it and we have a lot of changes needed to fix it.
^Nice to see someone else who actually understands what the issues are due to them actually understanding how an economy works, Jauron you are officially my favourite poster.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info