Having multiple unpriced items listed should result in an escalating ban

"
Viljan wrote:

The market is so far away from serious that i dont dare to sell my best items, because i may not be able to buy it back the day i change build.

And that candid pearl of an observation is something that GGG should take note of.
{another trade related theory follows}

So in my mind, GGG has a pretty straight forward conflict concerning trade: they like that being able to trade items enhances the value (in the eye of the finder) of items but they fear that easy trading will supplant looting as the object of the game (with a whole lot of somethings conflicting statements about numbers of trades used to fit out a character and stuff like that - ultimately just muddying the waters to my mind).

Expanding on Viljan's observation, I broke items into a few rough categories (subjective choices, not definitive)

Commodities: currencies that can drop randomly up to and including exalts, and white/yellow/red maps

Easily & Cheaply Replaced: Items that can generally be found on the Trade Board (might take some time to show up in a new League) and purchased using Chaos or lower (the meaning of "cheap" will vary from player to player - for me, somewhere between 10c and 20c is where I start to waffle on unassuming gear, much less for maps)

Expensive and/or Requiring a Massive Search Effort: Stuff that is usually there (like a belly of the beast) or buried (like precision spec jewels).

Insanely Priced and/or Missing from the Trade Board: Might be OP or build defining, might just be rare

So as I see it, GGG does not want almost everything to become a commodity - something that a player can sell and be fairly assured that they can buy a like item back again with no hassles. This seems to be happening on PC where easy trade has escalated beyond GGG's desired limits. So on Xbox, GGG has imposed a one size fits all Trade Board solution - where nothing is treated as a commodity, everything gets the Expensive/Massive Search routine.

But what they should do is treat commodities and Easy&Cheap differently - yes, allow a buyout option.
So allow buyout on most currencies and unspecial maps, and on most rares - and also maintain a list of uniques that can bought out. Embargoing this stuff behind ungainly Trade Board machinations does not contribute to a better player experience (gee, I even feel comfortable leaving out the "in my opinion" qualifier on that one).

If players have to think long and hard about selling quality items, then I believe that GGG will get the result that they desire. Making it a pain to buy something similar back on the Trade Board sort of accomplishes that, but making buying everything a pain seems over kill and counter productive.

I believe that GGG needs to focus on preventing the higher value stuff from being commoditized, but allow the actual commodities to be treated as such.

I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
The whole trade board needs a massive revamp.

Two things in my opinion need to be addressed immediately.

1) if an item has an exact price tag, if i offer and submit it, it should be auto accepted. So many times i see a piece of gear that’s perfect for me, see the listed price and offer it, just to go 4 days with it in a state of pending because the player obviously doesnt play anymore.

2) if i input specific search perimeters, it should only display those items that match the tabs. Searching for specific jewels is a nightmare. Its great that the ones that match my criteria are boxed white, but there are hundreds ot pages. Why cant all the jewels (and all items for that manner) that match the criteria be the only ones shown?
"
GeneralDurph wrote:
The whole trade board needs a massive revamp.

Two things in my opinion need to be addressed immediately.

1) if an item has an exact price tag, if i offer and submit it, it should be auto accepted. So many times i see a piece of gear that’s perfect for me, see the listed price and offer it, just to go 4 days with it in a state of pending because the player obviously doesnt play anymore.

2) if i input specific search perimeters, it should only display those items that match the tabs. Searching for specific jewels is a nightmare. Its great that the ones that match my criteria are boxed white, but there are hundreds ot pages. Why cant all the jewels (and all items for that manner) that match the criteria be the only ones shown?

Autobuyout has been discussed roughly a million times and it wont happen. I would be ok with maps, currency etc to have an autobuyout but i dont think it will happen.

When you open the tradeboard you can press right thumbstick to toggle " show online only"
This way you only see items from players that are currently online.
I admit to being part of the problem. I put an item that I know I'm going to sell on the tab. I don't know how to price it for. I go to search for how much other people are selling it for. I find 10 tabs of goods in that item class. Some are what I'm selling. Some aren't. And then I have to take into consideration the rolls. ....... Somewhere along the line I say "[BLEEP] this, I'll come back to it later". And it sits there without a price for a couple of weeks til I run short on space.

The whole system needs a revamp.

---

Having said all of that--as a buyer, I've had pretty good luck purchasing items without a price. But I tend to offer reasonable amounts without going low & haggling.
When selling an item i HATE going trough crap on tb to come up with a good price.

As a buyer i have to search and i will see the prices.

So most of the time i will dump an item with no price. Then when i get an offer that feels ok ( some items go way too cheap just to clear stash space) i accept.
If i feel uncomfortable or uncertain i will take a rough look at some similiar items. Still at this point i can easily sell an item for 25c even if similiar items are listed for 30-40c.

Its all about qol for me. I dont care about top coin.

I bought and sold stuff this weekend. The xbox market is going to naturally be different then pc. I've found that the prices don't overlap as much as people here wish. That is what you guys complaining don't seem to understand.

The market is smaller so either buy the items for the asking price or craft it your self. That's the deal.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
Its kinda not as simple as that..

For an example.

I have been trying to get a +1 arrow quiver for some time.
I have bought 5 ilvl 82+ bases for max 20c each.
Yet some people ask 1ex for an ilvl76 one.
And others follow, once i offered 15c for a base and got rejected with message "bitch please".

They obviously truly think the base is worth a lot.

But.
From those 5 bases i have crafted 2 decent +1 arrow blue ones (sold for 1ex each) and 2 kinda ok yellow ones with +1arrow. One sold for 1,5ex and one is still to be sold.

The market is just stupid.
People ask 1ex for a base when you can buy a +1 quiver for the same price?

I sold the other ones to try and keep up with the costs of crafting. Not a single decent quiver on the market and i have spent roughly 400-600c trying to craft one.

Oh.. and someone bought one of my better quivers for 1-2ex early on the league and then listed it for 11ex, its still there and the price has dropped to 4ex. Obviously there is very little market for these.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info