Please help with my build

No. Honestly, I'm just fed up now. Another Zana mission, and I got insta-killed twice by some frost-spitting totems, despite having two life flasks and remove chill. One hit from those tits, and bye-bye. That's with me trying to walk WAY around the perimeter the second time and try to let a totem deal with them.

Just way too much stuff that will insta-kill me all over the place, and it's no fun when it's impossible to level up any further.

Was fun for a while, but this simply isn't.
"
I'm worried about straying away from the build guide
Sometimes you have to. If you don't have all the gear that the build suggests, then you have to do what you have to stay alive. That's one thing that I hear a lot from people who try to follow a build. Don't fall into the 'dps is king' trap. Yes. it would be nice to one shot the mobs like the streamers do, but that's not always possible. The key is to stay alive even if it means you have to whittle the bosses down a little at a time. Doing it that way you also learn their patterns. i get the feeling we're alike in our play styles. I play gung-ho, hear I come, let me see if you can stop me style. More often than not I get bitch-slapped into oblivion ((Damn Burial Chambers Boss: she got one coming) POE just can't be played like that by everyone. Sometimes you have to run to live to fight a another day.

If you only get one more item get boots with movement speed because as I've said before sometimes you just have to run away. if you have to, open a portal in the boss room so you can get the hell out of dodge. I used to do that but my pride tells me to stand there and try to fight toe to toe. Lately I've been having my pride rammed my throat (Damn Burial Chambers Boss: she got one coming), so I guess I'm just going to have to open a portal just in case so I don't lose the xp. I don't like having to runaway shrieking like a scared little girl but the xp loss is pissing me off too. As i jump through the portal though my last words will be " I'll be back MF, then it'll just be me and you".
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
No. Honestly, I'm just fed up now. Another Zana mission, and I got insta-killed twice by some frost-spitting totems, despite having two life flasks and remove chill. One hit from those tits, and bye-bye. That's with me trying to walk WAY around the perimeter the second time and try to let a totem deal with them.

Just way too much stuff that will insta-kill me all over the place, and it's no fun when it's impossible to level up any further.

Was fun for a while, but this simply isn't.

You shouldn´t be instakilled with 5k life and full resists in this map but you maybe get punished

by frostbomb debuff (-20% cold resistance) or there´s also possibility being cursed by elemental weakness curse which lowers your resistances by significant amount (up to 34%).

Read map mods carefully those are important and try to deal with new boss mechanics as you did before with Kitava and such.

It will get better so give it a chance:)
"
Rakiii wrote:
You shouldn´t be instakilled with 5k life and full resists in this map but you maybe get punished

by frostbomb debuff (-20% cold resistance) or there´s also possibility being cursed by elemental weakness curse which lowers your resistances by significant amount (up to 34%).

Read map mods carefully those are important and try to deal with new boss mechanics as you did before with Kitava and such.

It will get better so give it a chance:)

I've kept tabs on mods and reroll if there is something I deem dangerous, like reflect damage, high monster/boss extra damage, overly much extra pack size or suchlike, and others I don't recall right now. Have probably used too many alterations, but I'm trying not to die - and failing. That said I have stupidly climbed back on the horse and managed to finally grind my way to level 82 with T3 and T4 Maps.

Not sure how those totems were killing me so efficiently when I was half a room away, but whatever. Looks like I should just give up on Zana missions for the time being, as they just seem to kill me.

Found a not-too-expensive Spikes Gloves, but it needs some crafting love. What are the chances for 4-socketing this thing with Jeweller's? Essentially, am I better off going with Vorici, or chancing it myself?

Since this item is strength-based I'll struggle to retain the 2-blue curse setup, but maybe it didn't work so well after all from what you guys have been saying.

edit: Another question. Just got The Jeweller's Touch prophecy, which can 5-link an item. Will it trigger if I use jeweller's orbs on an item that cannot have 5-6 sockets, like the gloves? Hopefully not, as this is actually a really good prophecy for once.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jun 24, 2018, 11:44:02 AM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:

Found a not-too-expensive Spikes Gloves, but it needs some crafting love. What are the chances for 4-socketing this thing with Jeweller's? Essentially, am I better off going with Vorici, or chancing it myself?

Since this item is strength-based I'll struggle to retain the 2-blue curse setup, but maybe it didn't work so well after all from what you guys have been saying.

You will need vorici, but not the way thought ;)

You can craft 4 sockets yourself or use vorici - its usually not bit of a difference.
Once you have 4 sockets, use vorici bench and buy 2 blue sockets for 25 chromes. If you need another blue socket and didnt get it, use the vorici bench to go back to 2 sockets.
Those 2 sockets will be the blue ones you bought before.
Then use vorici bench again to craft a 3rd sockets. Not the right color? Go back to 2 sockets and repeat until the color is right. If you have to, do the same for the 4th socket.

You will get even 4 offcolors that way pretty easily and all it takes are 25 chromes and some jewelers.

Cheers
"
Just got The Jeweller's Touch prophecy, which can 5-link an item.
Save that for a really good chest or 2H weapon.

"
Looks like I should just give up on Zana missions for the time being
I only do them if I just leveled up or if I'm willing to die. Sometimes she can drop you in a map that is beyond stupid for your level. When I do them I do them really slow unless it's a timed mission then I expect to run into a mob and be vaporized. In all seriousness though I try to take each death as a learning experience. I mouse over the mob that killed me to try to find out what killed me and then build a defense for it.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
Last edited by fazlez1 on Jun 24, 2018, 12:33:28 PM
Juggernaut is the only character I've made this league. I'm at a level 89 and die very rarely, if you want you can look at my profile maybe you'll get some ideas.

Brass Dome is not a good body armor, even for the Juggernaut. It will give you so much armor that you'll be over capped. Then it gives you no life, reduced movement speed, less blocking, and increased shock on you. You won't die from physical but you'll be very susceptible to elemental damage. Sell that armor and get a six link body armor with at least 1000 armor and 120 life. I got the cheapest 1000 armor one I could find on pathofexile/trade then bought a Deafening Essence of Greed for about 15 chaos and got myself a pretty nice 6 link armor with lots of life.

Looks like you're using Double Strike for single targets? As a boss killer? That's not a good idea, Cleave should be strong enough to do everything for you. I've used cleave on the Duelist and could take out all the tier 16 bosses with just one weapon easily, without dying. You're using it as a duel wield with crit so it should be plenty strong enough for everything. I suggest you get rid of Double Strike and replace with anything, a four link Vengeance if you want.

You built critical strike a bit too early. I like to wait until I'm at least a level 85 then refund some points and get it all at once. You really don't need critical strike until late game maps, before that, those points are better spent on life so you can level up without dying. But don't change it now since you are almost there. Just wanted to point that out because that's part of the reason you're struggling.

The magic jewels aren't very good. Get rid of them and invest in some rare jewels with 7% life on each one. Then you can look for other mods such as increase totem life, increase damage while duel wielding, etc.

Your build can easily be fixed, here's what I would do:

- Replace armor with six link with lots of life
- Use a Decoy or Rejuvenation totem instead of Ancestral Warchief
- Use Blasphemy linked with Enfeeble, get rid of Temporal Chains.
- Get some boots with movement speed, get a movement skill like Whirling Blades so you have some mobility
- Replace all the magic jewels with rares and extra life in them.

You have too much offense not enough defense, you just have to keep making adjustments throughout the game to keep everything balanced.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
Last edited by 0piate on Jun 24, 2018, 1:43:22 PM
But you haven´t mentioned the best thing about the Brassdome that you take no extra critical damage from monsters and that´s a big thing if you can deal with negatives.

I don´t know what´s mentioned in the guide but I think he should be using Vaal version of the double strike skill to kill bosses.

The problem with double strike (or cleave) is that you are very close to the enemies while fighting and that´s the problem if you can´t just facetank bosses.

Smth like sunder is much easier to deal with but it´s a different story.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jun 24, 2018, 2:05:57 PM
"
Rakiii wrote:
But you haven´t mentioned the best thing about the Brassdome that you take no extra critical damage from monsters and that´s a big thing if you can deal with negatives.

Sure, but it won't outweigh the negatives. I never used it playing Juggernaut and my biggest problem was elemental attack damage because you have very little mitigation for it. The Brass Dome will make it worse. As he said he died from totem cold spit damage which shouldn't be enough to kill you. Crit is usually in the form of physical but the Juggernaut can get 80+ physical damage reduction wihtout the Brass Dome so even crit's shouldn't be a problem. I can run maps with the increased crit mod no problem with my Juggernaut and a rare body armor.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
"
0piate wrote:
Sure, but it won't outweigh the negatives. I never used it playing Juggernaut and my biggest problem was elemental attack damage because you have very little mitigation for it. The Brass Dome will make it worse. As he said he died from totem cold spit damage which shouldn't be enough to kill you. Crit is usually in the form of physical but the Juggernaut can get 80+ physical damage reduction wihtout the Brass Dome so even crit's shouldn't be a problem. I can run maps with the increased crit mod no problem with my Juggernaut and a rare body armor.

So you maybe suffered from ele crits. He died bcos he was probably not ele capped.

Well negatives … he doesn´t play block build and some utility flask with anti shock should be used anyway.

You probably have other source of reduced crit and you would be fine with whatever body.

Well I am not telling it´s the BiS chest for every situation and you can deal with crits in different ways but I don´t think some random rare body will be better solution for him.

He should be more than fine with 5k life in low tier maps (t1-4?).

It´s not about having an extra 300 life.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jun 24, 2018, 2:42:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info