how do i quadruple my damage? (double strike)

I don't understand how mathil can get millions of damage on double strike with "shit gear" i have shit gear, maxed gems, relatively good weapons but i only have 3k dps on pob (ingame its 53k)

and ive hit a wall and i don't know how to proceed.
ive done some tinkering with pob and if i level up a bit i can squeeze out 1k more dps....

wtf how do these streamers even get so much dps and survivability is a fucking mystery to me...

pob

https://pastebin.com/ACWxQfA1
Last edited by chibiusa91 on Jun 23, 2018, 7:23:46 AM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2018, 2:19:21 AM
I am not sure how accurate is PoB for updated melee gems but you have lots of room for improvements.

There are also some temporal buffs you need to activate in PoB to show you more dps.

Frenzy charges, flasks, taunt, maim …

Melee Splash Support kills your singl target dps by a lot so in fact you have effective 3.5 link.

You have no good enchant, rings without attack speed/phys damage rolls

Awful flasks (except lion´s ) - no diamond flask, no good utility flasks …

No offensive/defensive curse, no golem, …

^ has covered alot but apart from that fundamentally its 2 things, first is scaeva is far too slow you want a maxed out attack speed jeweled foil, this is because double strike adds flat damage so the faster you attack the more worth that is

200 flat damage to a 1.3 = 260 dps, 200 flat to a 2.0 jeweled foild = 400 dps

next your crit multi isn't close to high enough, any build that Mathil makes just about is crit and he'll usually have 500%+ total multi from jewels/gear/passives, you need more as this is the best scaling option.

It pretty much goes multi > attack speed > phys% in terms of how important a stat is (oversimplifcation but it will do)

https://pastebin.com/rAXFtigp

There is a pastebin where i swapped a reasonable weapon on, ticked the relevant bonuses and upped you to the level 90 you'd need to be to compare, totally unoptimized but still 1.4mil without flasks which is pretty revolting.

As to survivability if your comparing yourself to Mathil he makes builds that shit on everything then you don't need any defences, I mean just check out his 4k hp trapper going to down on uber elder ;p
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Jun 23, 2018, 11:24:09 AM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
^ has covered alot but apart from that fundamentally its 2 things, first is scaeva is far too slow you want a maxed out attack speed jeweled foil, this is because double strike adds flat damage so the faster you attack the more worth that is

200 flat damage to a 1.3 = 260 dps, 200 flat to a 2.0 jeweled foild = 400 dps

next your crit multi isn't close to high enough, any build that Mathil makes just about is crit and he'll usually have 500%+ total multi from jewels/gear/passives, you need more as this is the best scaling option.

It pretty much goes multi > attack speed > phys% in terms of how important a stat is (oversimplifcation but it will do)

https://pastebin.com/rAXFtigp

There is a pastebin where i swapped a reasonable weapon on, ticked the relevant bonuses and upped you to the level 90 you'd need to be to compare, totally unoptimized but still 1.4mil without flasks which is pretty revolting.

As to survivability if your comparing yourself to Mathil he makes builds that shit on everything then you don't need any defences, I mean just check out his 4k hp trapper going to down on uber elder ;p
thank you <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info