Thumbs Down on the New Highlight Items Key bind

So am I the only person disappointed by the choice of key combo?

"Changed the keybinds to access 'Highlight Items' and 'Clear Highlight' to LS + D-Pad Left and LS + D-Pad Right respectively."

Press Left stick plus D-Pad - two left hand area buttons. Really. What a terrible key combo to choose. Does anyone at GGG actually play the game using a controller????? Sure, not an issue for the dexterous, but what about everyone else?

So disappointing - to make such a commonly used command so uncommonly challenging.

A real head shaker for me - what's next GGG - not allowing us to choose the name (more specifically, something short) for the single price tabs when the feature is finally introduced?
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2018, 4:42:42 AM
Not alone..

Do we even have a console quality control team? If not, there were several members interested in doing it...
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
To re-implement D-Pad navigation the binds for the Item Filter text box had to change as well as the accept and reject options on the trade market. We're limited on the available key binds and this was the one that was free to use which would work on both the trade market and stash navigation.
Just accepted my first trade offer since patch and my hate is strong for these new combos. I get to do LS + LD to attempt to accept the offer, then Y+A (arguably the most awkward button combo) to confirm... just noticed that messages are LS + DU which means nobody is going to be sending messages anymore. 80% of the items on trade board have no price, accepting, declining, and messaging are now super fun. Where too many trades getting done??

I don't envy the team for trying to figure out how to bring D pad back for the 4 people who wanted it, but this one IMO should have never made it out of the idea phase.

"
Jauron wrote:

I don't envy the team for trying to figure out how to bring D pad back for the 4 people who wanted it, but this one IMO should have never made it out of the idea phase.

I'm not sure just how many players wanted the change, but they did successfully raise a "mighty wind" regarding their desire. So the unsettling question is, do the other players now have to act in a similar manner just to protect their interests? That is, every patch, post critical notes belittling any improvements because the "xxxxx" change has not been implemented? I find the prospect distasteful, but "freedom does come to those who fight".
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Ya I didn't give a shit about the d-pad thing but we're a small community as it is so might as well please the few of us that are left.

PC concurrent daily-ish players are about 20,000, give or take 10,000 depending on the day of the week and how late into the league.

Xbox is probably not even close to 8000. (Probably).

I think the xbox devs are doing a good job. They're implementing thing quickly as of late and most is stuff that a few people ask for on the poe forum or discord.

I can't speak for discord since I don't like it there but I'm sure they communicate with Jeff there.
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
Last edited by rangerDangerr on Jun 20, 2018, 11:41:59 PM
Tbh, the whole limitation is because they use RT and LT directly instead of a toggle, do we really need RT and LT for moving the tabs? Why not RT and using the left stick, to navigate tabs, this leaves us with a whole palett of RT combos to to all kind of stuff in stash, tradeboard without any weird finger positions. Oh and it gives us LT + all keys as well and guess what, we can combine.... RT and LT + all key combos.

I just don't get this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info