temple is a bloody lag fest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!do something!!!!!!!!!

new game difficulty : FIGHT AGAINST LAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2018, 10:42:02 AM
Seems you got ISP issues.

Ho HOOOO

Or hardware

50/50 EE
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 16, 2018, 8:22:17 AM
Nothing wrong with the Temple on my end... but GGG still doesn't seem to make their game work on a variety of different platforms equally. Think that the go with a standard model and don't spend too much time trying to make it work on a variety of machines. Larger companies do. Maybe we'll see some growth in that direction.
"
Seems you got ISP issues.

Ho HOOOO

Or hardware

50/50 EE

my PC is a good one , never got lag with any game..just happen since that league and only in the temple....
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Yep. There's plenty of "good ones" that PoE doesn't run well on. Pretty much has to be Intel+Nvidia to work. If it's just started, it could simply be a coincidence. They work on the internet sometimes and it brings lousy service to an area for a week or a month or more. Might be that. Hard to tell.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jun 16, 2018, 8:50:15 AM
Do you use AMD gpu (PoE is not AMD friendly)? Post your game rig specs. Run WinMTR to your PoE realm 500 times and post results. We need more info to help (if possible).

I run PoE on:

3.5 GHz Intel i7 (4 core + HT)
8 GB DDR3 ram
Nvidia 1060 AMP! gpu (6 GB vram)
500 GB Samsung 940 SSD
Windows 7 Pro (without the speed robbing Meltdown/Spectre patches)
Nvidia driver 388.71 Directx 11 full screen, water/shadow/textures on high, lighting on medium
Basic Comcast with 30 Mbps down / 4 Mbps up speed (45 to 75 ms average latency to WDC realm)

and Incursions are same as any other large mob pack zones (like breaches).

Note: I ran PoE on an AMD 270x gpu from 2.x to last Christmas when I was gifted a 1060 AMP! video card. Until the upgrade I couldn't run any breaches (had to skip Breach League because of this) as PoE on AMD crashed to 6 fps every time. Now with Nvidia 1060 I can run breaches no problem (normal fps drop into the 30s but still playable). My only fps killing problem on the 1060 is the end of act 3 Dominus boss fight. All is nominal until blood rain and then wham! I crash to maybe 3 to 5 fps. I can still spam attacks and flasks so the server/client is processing my input but just can't see any changes. As soon as the rain stops it goes back to normal fps. Something in PoE is overloading the video memory and when that happens and video data has to be swapped to/from main memory it's "game over" on playability.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 16, 2018, 9:13:04 AM
Check if you occasionally running poe.exe not poe64.exe
I had lot of lag until I realized my shortcut from desktop launching wrong corrupted vaal version of poe xD

That was relief when I changed it.
Cus 64 bit system really struggles with 32b poe seems like VM issues there..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info