Price fixing.

I've been playing this game a VERY long time so I know better when it comes to prices.. But I tend to feel bad for new players just starting this game and finding a valuable item just for someone to price fix it and snag it off them for next to nothing. This game isn't very friendly or inviting to new players as is.

I know it's a free market and people can do whatever the hell they want.. but if you do that you're kind of a scum bag.
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2018, 3:45:13 PM
The question is why u care so much about others. Yes, as a new player you are abused and tricked by the old players with experience. That's part of the learning process and it makes you stronger.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
The question is why u care so much about others. Yes, as a new player you are abused and tricked by the old players with experience. That's part of the learning process and it makes you stronger.

Doesn't really justify it but okay.
We actually shoud create a "safe space police" for equality & equity sake, so evrybody will have the same experience and as such the outcome.
That way no one will fell excluded, and no one will want to play.

Just joking, scorch them with fire, shape in the furnances of suffering, and make them Wreclast Worthy!!!
ing: mater_suspiriorum_pl
IMO the market / trade system is the worst thing about the game. For new players it is horrible and the player will either embrace it, go ssf, or quit.
I learned how to make money on it and not get ripped off by the manipulators, though I did make mistakes when I was newer.

If GGG wants to keep this model the API needs to be much faster. Nothing like selling an item and having it stuck in the system for 2 hours. Would be nice if it had detection for the fake listings as well.
Last edited by lurker14ownz on Jun 16, 2018, 7:51:55 AM
"
IIPheXII wrote:

Wow. What a terrible argument. Not even an argument.... A statement about why it is ok to trick and steal from new players. This just shows you're a jerk who gets off on abusing others.

And what's wrong with caring how new players are treated, and how they view this game (and the tell their friends about it)?

This could be avoided or at least mitigated but ggg doesn't give a shit. It's by far the biggest turn-off about this game. Well, right up there with some of the people who play it.

"
Fleshmarket wrote:
We actually shoud create a "safe space police" for equality & equity sake, so evrybody will have the same experience and as such the outcome.
That way no one will fell excluded, and no one will want to play.

Omg the typos.
Anyways...just abother price fixer wanting to maintain the status quo. You're part of the reason I have to message 50 people before getting a reply.
Last edited by Kurnis on Jun 16, 2018, 9:50:37 AM
They got what they asked for it... I doubt they even know they could have gotten more. Nor do they really care. They found an item and traded it. Win.

"
IIPheXII wrote:

I wish others make you stronger as you described, during your whole life.
"
Kaltroh wrote:
"
IIPheXII wrote:

I wish others make you stronger as you described, during your whole life.

On one hand you have someone who learns from their mistakes and accepts the consequences for their failure to prepare themselves, on the other you have someone shedding SJW tears over hypothetical people.

One is better than the other.
"
Pythonmsh wrote:
I've been playing this game a VERY long time so I know better when it comes to prices.. But I tend to feel bad for new players just starting this game and finding a valuable item just for someone to price fix it and snag it off them for next to nothing. This game isn't very friendly or inviting to new players as is.

I know it's a free market and people can do whatever the hell they want.. but if you do that you're kind of a scum bag.

Because system like PoE.trade actually encourages being a "scumbag".
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info