Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Why I Avoid Others

"
鬼殺し wrote:

Yeah you're kind of missing the point but that's okay, you seem happy and that's important too.

...And somehow you're forgetting I gave SSF the biggest, bestest birthday present ever. I love it that much. That doesn't mean it's not a self-gimping of the highest order that the majority of PoE players wisely avoid, as evidenced by the ladders.

You might not have any interest in them but they're interesting if you have interest in PoE overall, which you may or may not. Maybe you live in deggial.

I'VE BEEN DYING TO TRY THAT ONE.

And i am very gatefull for Her, i really enjoyed wielding Her during Abyss and Bestiary and will eventually go back to Her. Its great item, seriosly.

I play the game, they made it. Its their right to be interested in my part of the whole and thats ok. But im experiencing this game the way i like and sometimes i encourage others to try it. Just that.

Because for me actually doing is way better that whining.

And yeah... That nick comes from old days when i didnt recognise my ego ;) Its kinda reminder to me ;)
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Remember... just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

If there's anything I've learned about this community, it's safer to assume that people are selfish pricks.

And while that means I avoid grouping, trade isn't nearly as painful as it was in D2 so I'm still able to stomach it.

My mmo experience has taught me that getting involved in a small community (guild/whatever) helps alleviate a lot of crap as long as the people are relatively personable. And while random folks can be more than pleasant, all it takes is one to ruin it for everyone else.
Yep, totally over league play.
Can you still block off parts of your hideout to party members for things like this? I remember seeing ways to do this during perandus where someone needed to buy coins and the party member would go to their hideout and into the map to buy from cadiro directly

But yes,just like in D2, this game is full of scammers. I generally try to avoid situations like the one you describe. Maybe a strong guild or community system would help but I don't see them spending the resources there.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
GGG had every opportunity to make a game that encourages cooperation, mutual generosity and amicable multiplayer.

They made PoE instead.

You knew this long before now.

This is actually closest answer to the topic. I`m sometimes share trials in 820 cuz I know how is painfully them to get, especially the last ones. So I know how system works. There are no guarantees possible. You stay in your ho offering something invisible behind portals. They might pay for nothing. Also its a good seduction to leave without even say `ty` and not realizing what host spent his efforts to join overcrowded 820 (it not possible to do from one try nowadays cuz its always full), type offer there and repeat is some times cus of very very fast flow of offers in 820.. Also then then wait for all portal filled and spent.. they might haven`t know all this. They even can be just kids what yet dunno the price of personal efforts.

So.. better to just expect nothing at the first place, and be glad you even get somth, instead of zero expected. Cuz there are no guarantees atm by system. But this could be programmed like there are some antiscam protection in item trade window: when you can click accept and this locks offer so it cannot be changed after acceptance, only cancelled. This is actually well done. It can be done like this: like locking kills, or locking loot (locking portal entry here not always helpful cus it will encourage to sell nothing behind the wall you cannot see - i.e. scamming).

So things like selling essences - not safe.
They are so easy even to be stolen from your map and you will not tell who did it just because of the 6men party behind shiny mtxes and effects and minious - you will not even see whats actually happened. Yes you can set loot allocation, but you cannot restrict loot to you or to device owner only. So you cannot protect your findings.

In summary

So this is just the case of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory. I know here are some mature men who knows whats this is. It can be fixed tho by creating safe environment encouraging better behavior, but its not yet here.

And.. the Last one, to finish on good tone.
Still sometimes I get for my dumb efforts overflowing pay like 7c from single happy player glad to finally done his long sought trial. Yeah good people happens too )
Last edited by DarkJen on Jun 16, 2018, 7:18:32 AM
You know, we are all demon killers out there! ,)
"
JOHN_RA wrote:
You know, we are all demon killers out there! ,)

NO! You dont know? We are genocide recreators mass murderers.
Did you try using 'Trade 820'? Much better than global 820 IMO. Global 820 are a bunch of leachers who will report you at the slightest implication of gratitude... If you tried selling the essence challenge before you gave it away--I am surprised they didn't get you muted. They will get you muted for asking for tips. But I stopped using it so long ago, maybe things have changed.

Trade 820 everyone seems more noble for sure though... Besides the occasional unicorn like yourself.
"
frenzul wrote:
I hit up 820, selling essence of delirium release for the challenge for 10c (figured it was fair, i paid 70c last league). No answer. Instead of wasting it, I fill the group and just ask for donations.

I get absolutely spammed with PM's, fill the group, they run into portal and release the mob. Take the essence that dropped, and all leave the group faster than they could've said thanks.. if they had said thanks.. or tipped a few wisdom scrolls.

Good game guys.

There is a possibility to block your map device with the big book shelves decorations that you can buy from Elreon.
You can not use movement skills like Lightning Warp,Leap Slam to get behind them, if you place them properly.

Last league i built a maze like hideout with dead ends / corpse piles to slow visitors down and they liked it.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jun 17, 2018, 5:11:44 AM
Never trust randoms from global and trade chats. That's the reason top players have their own crews and guilds. After my ignore list got full in abyss league i simply stopped trusting random players, rotas and similar stuff. Not to say that even if you have proof that you got scammed GGG won't do shit.

You are doing the right thing. Don't feel bad about it.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
This game has gone MGTOW too hehe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info