Did drops get like a buff? or am I just retardedly lucky? (SSF)

"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Some people have speculated for a while that you get a seed for drops on character creation, It sounds like hocus pocus to me

It is something that been done in so many games that it wouldnt be suprising. Still, it's a little more complex than that and a reason why this RNG is good/bad.

1. Real Random does not exist. You could take my word for it or google it. Random does not exist.

Yes, but a fixed random seed is pretty conceivable, I suffer horrible RNG pretty much 100% of the time. I figure it's related to the account, not the characters so much.
So, let's say they have a 1-10 seed that's given every time an account (or character) is created, that is multiplied by the drop calculations. If you get a seed of '2' no matter how good the calculations are, you'll never enjoy the insane luck of someone who drew a 10.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Some people have speculated for a while that you get a seed for drops on character creation, It sounds like hocus pocus to me

It is something that been done in so many games that it wouldnt be suprising. Still, it's a little more complex than that and a reason why this RNG is good/bad.

1. Real Random does not exist. You could take my word for it or google it. Random does not exist.

Yes, but a fixed random seed is pretty conceivable, I suffer horrible RNG pretty much 100% of the time. I figure it's related to the account, not the characters so much.
So, let's say they have a 1-10 seed that's given every time an account (or character) is created, that is multiplied by the drop calculations. If you get a seed of '2' no matter how good the calculations are, you'll never enjoy the insane luck of someone who drew a 10.

That is a batshit crazy way of thinking of RNG that has nothing to do with how it actually works.
"We call "random" those events that we do not have enought information. There is only cause and effect.".

I dont remeber who said that but it holds the Truth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info