Is this seriously by design?

Zone in with 90% phys reduction and resists capped, fighting monsters 10 levels below my own and instantly dead or kill 99% of the mobs and still not have a stone drop. The six incursions before the one in the screenshot I didn't see a stone drop and the mob kill bar looked full. Since I've read that officially its been stated that a stone has to drop I can only assume one or two mobs are under the ground, inside a wall or invisible as time runs out with me never seeing that last mob.

The slap in the face is that nearly every single time my jugg dies in the first couple seconds, like in the pic, one of the first mobs killed drops a stone. I had zero issue walking through uber lab and no issue blazing through maps but some how incursions are either spaced to guarantee that I can't open a door or spaced so that I die in less than two seconds. Around 75% of my incursions are one of those two situations and I'm reaching the point where the xp loss makes this league feel more pointless than standard.

While I understand that GGG loves it's RNG, why make the entire point of a league something many players will never get to experience as anything but a complete waste of their time? Even on a good run the loot pinata amounts to a couple alteration and maybe an alch. It was bad enough knowing that most of the 1,000's of ways you could build a character would never be good enough to experience the end game content but an entire league that is built that way?

Last bumped on Jun 18, 2018, 6:29:47 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Get 75% chaos res and you will feel safe in any incursion.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"

And what should be sacrificed to get it? It is either life (and one hit deaths are already an issue) or damage (and incursion architects are not only tougher than map bosses but also are on a timer). People are dumping chaos res for a reason.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Oblitus wrote:
"

And what should be sacrificed to get it? It is either life (and one hit deaths are already an issue) or damage (and incursion architects are not only tougher than map bosses but also are on a timer). People are dumping chaos res for a reason.

How is it a tradeoff? You are aware that an item can have both a life mod and a chaos resist mod???
"
Oblitus wrote:
"

Yeah, they do that and then complain about dying to chaos damage.

@hogscraper
Not sure if you know this, but what you're seeing in your character tab is ESTIMATE physical damage reduction. Armor reduces damage depending on the amount of physical damage you take.
In other words - if you take big, single hit, your armor won't protect you to level of 90% damage reduction, but maybe only 60%, or even less.

Additionally - chaos res is actually important. You don't need to be capped on it, but running around with -60% will net you some deaths. If you can, could you set your profile to public, so that we can see you characters? Maybe then I could give you some direct pointers.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Let's be honest, ranged constructs in temple are heavily overtuned. Their projectile is a heavy chaos damage spell, which makes most of traditional defenses useless against it. Even worse is that individual incursions are impacted by your map mods. Map mods that are no issue in maps where construct's presence is limited suddenly become death-traps in incursions--additional projectiles or chain are absolute killer mods in incursions.

Incursions are "randomly" generated in terms of layouts and also mob appearance. There are situations where you spawn into temple on a platform surrounded by large pack of monster who immediately aggro you. If these packs happen to be construct, god help you if they are magic, you are very likely to die.

Sure, you can suggest ridiculous solutions such as "get 75% chaos resistance" but those are not realistic. Hardcore character usually try to get to positive chaos resistance while softcore characters should minimize negative values or be at zero. Most characters will have limited or no amount of spell block and spell dodge because for those stats you either need to specialize your build or pick very particular items.

Ranged constructs should be toned down by reducing chaos portion of their damagge, changing their projectiles not to be spells and either prevent them from being affected by multiple projectile/chain map mods or reduce their projectile speed. Also, their aggro and attack range need to be reduced because these buggers can off-screen you like crazy.
I've ran into some of the surrounded by constructs scenarios on T12+ maps. With -4% chaos res (little more while using a flask) and ~6k hp I can survive those.

Yes, they are scary. But shouldn't there be scary things in this game? You can enter the incursion and look around before moving - they will not aggro you until the grace period is over.

If you don't want to try and kill them, just leave and try another map. You get those in every single map.

That said, their range may be a little too long. There is that one invasion vaal construct boi who has the same issue. :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
There should be scary/dangerous enemies in PoE, no issue with that. Incursions, however, go too far with their attempt to be challenging. GGG tried too hard to make the temple challenging, having tight timer, monsters with high damage output. I'm fine with the challenge because there are good rewards to be had, however, I'm not fine with being annoyed by the game.

There are monsters in the temple that are just annoying rather than dangerous. Those phasing guys that can go into shadows and become unforgettable for long period of time are super annoying. They can chain their phasing randomly, I had a situation where a rare monster phased 3 times in a row, which is crazy annoying. There are some rare mobs in temple that have crazy amount of damage resistance to a point you want to skip them because the timer will run out if you try to kill them or you wont have enough time to gather keys and open doors.

Apart from chaos res, make use of the grace period you have when you enter the incursion. If you get shot at, don't panic and don't move, think what to do or time your fortify movement skill in between spitter attacks.

I am on -60% chaos with only 5.7 life and no spell dodge, so it's tough in T13+ with dirty mods rolled, but you can manage even with this. I will personally aim for 0% chaos and that should keep me alive
The constructs are freaking overtuned...............
They should do something about it.

I pity those hardcore players.
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info