How bad did I screw up this build? lightning strike/Infernal blow

I am level 50, 1451 HP 332 mana. I could not really find and builds when i started playing poe but i knew i wanted a melee elemental dmg character so i decided to put points into elemental dmg/1 handed maces picking up beneficial nodes on the way.

here is my tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG14TERHJANiNNtPkYXfAfogDFiny7JIsZ6d7B5K3LQw4UnjyBb03YjHYEszKJd-VX4uw4wBpZ85hvkn3lz2aecU2az0NjtzFY9Z3E-tI26SSq42oZhRpsna6nCBVQE8xP86pSUfnsyylPgpsaOKeEkFU=

my current skills i use are:

Lightning strike (for aoe) with added fire dmg
infernal blow (for single target) with melee physical dmg/weapon elemental dmg
leap slam (mostly for mobility)
tempest shield
shield charge(mostly for a gap closer more than dmg)
molten shell (for dmg reduction)
warlords mark (for life gain although i doesnt seem to gain very much

i'm no expert, but i'd say quite bad.. you've commited to using 1h maces, and some of those nodes probably aren't so great on their own

body & soul are really CI/eldritch battery material

you've got some redundant nodes (multiple paths between 2 given nodes)

creating a strong build takes a lot of thought and knowledge. you need to make sure that your invested points scale well with eachother and whatever gear you have in mind and that you invest in both defence and offence cause going for either extreme would leave you gimped due to not doing enough damage or not beeing able to get close enough to deliver it

also melee is quite rough, especially if you don't have gear to work with already

TLDR; spend lots of hours in research and experimenting or do something similar to what somebody who has, is doing (typically shows if that somebody is high level in hardcore, and if you deviate from their build, it's probably a good idea to really understand their build first and have a solid reason for doing something differently and.. don't ignore resource management, that stuff can be tricky)
Last edited by Jonatan on Mar 2, 2013, 6:55:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info