I'm now CONVINCED poe is pay to win

I've always been against those that say POE is pay to win... but now I am CONVINCED. As I've experienced it first hand.

I normally play POE on my 17" laptop with Integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics, running at about 15 FPS average with constant ping spikes to 700-1500.

I've never been able to hit end game before (Tier 16, Uber Izaro, Uber Atziri, Shaper etc)

I normally die a HECK of a lot with my FPS and ping spikes.

So anyway, I went to a Gaming Cafe yesterday, where they had super fast internet, and awesome computers with 27" screens, GeForce 950 cards, and constant FPS above 60...

I was like "WTF!!!!!"

The experience was so much better. It was on another level.

Gameplay was incredibly smooth... I could see so much clearer on the massive screen and with the extra detail. The things that normally insta gib me I was able to avoid. The big bad bosses that normally cream me weren't... in fact, I was creaming them!

The smoothness of the gameplay made it SO MUCH EASIER. Like, I could totally avoid boss maneuvers and play like a steamer. It was incredible.

But it was totally unfair... and it made me realise how unfair this game is and how true it is that it is Pay to Win.

Simply put, if you have a great computer and great internet connection, you will win.

I believe GGG should make it fair for everyone and cap FPS at 15, ensure everyone gets repetitive ping spikes, and ensure everyone plays with minimal graphics. This is the only way that POE will be considered not Pay to Win.

/sarcasm but truth too
Last bumped on Jun 17, 2018, 1:23:28 PM
You don't know what P2W means... do you?
yup, computer game is P2W because you need to buy a computer to play, haha

this thread rocks.
Can be pay to win i don't care - it give me a good reason to upgrade my computer on a monthly basis :^)

/sarcasm
Hf :)
I paid my friend $100 to always throw paper against me. Now I win rock-paper-scissors against him like 80% of the time. Thus rock-paper-scissors is pay to win.
I'll take Trolling for $200, Alex.
Yep, you MUST buy a new computer to play PoE in 2018.... GGG dont listen, they dont want to implement an option to tone down skill effect (or turn them completely off). So people with older computers are forced out of PoE...

And the super laggy raw Incursion purple skill effects dont help one bit.

Ice rain has been super laggy for years - has anything been done about it? Nope.

GGG starts to suck big one

This is so try what OP say for game play.

When i play first time this game as he describe i was feeling like a F cheater.
I could run around and avoid every single thing with naked char and giving a F for game mechanics.
Most people may say this is not true and well it was try from content i could call my limit at the time so yeah it was massive.
Cant even imagine how match advantage some one have running multiple monitors and such... i know its not spark meta no more but still.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You don't know what P2W means... do you?

He also doesn't know that you never ever... repeat NEVER EVER should be playing PoE on the GPU built into the CPU. And if you must do that then for fuck sake the AMD integrated GPU is much better than the Intel HD craphics (not a typo.. Intel HD video is pathetically crappy). I get upset when my FPS crashes to 15 and he's playing with that low fps as if it was normal way to play. The only way I can see myself ever attempting to play on a laptop is if has a dedicated Nvidia gpu like the Nvidia 950m.

None of this is pay-to-win. The OP needs a real gaming computer to play PoE.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Try an ultrawide 21:9. I get to see 30% more area around me then you 16:9 normies =P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info