Hillock farming bugged, or am I just doing it wrong?

I’ve done a bit of reading about oni goroshi and decided I wanted to spend the time farming one up on Incursion HC. New toons get blocked by the tutorial barrier at the spawn point after an instance reset. I’ve tried equipping the new gem drop just to see if it triggers the barrier drop; no luck. Has anyone else done this successfully?
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2018, 11:05:52 PM
Press the start button where you click log out, scroll to the bottom and turn off the tutorial, no more barrier. Farmed one myself about a week ago, dropped after 1 bar into level 7.
Man, I feel like an idiot. Haha. Thanks for replying to my dumb question.
Is the level 7 requirement still applicable?
I believe they removed it, people have posted he spawned when they were level 6. I think they dropped the requirement, but the odds are decreased at lower levels.
Really? because I have 4 characters at level 8 2 bars in and still no luck.. wow.
"
Really? because I have 4 characters at level 8 2 bars in and still no luck.. wow.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2092770/page/35#p15374331

Good luck, level 8 and +40% XP for me.
Last edited by IamFrench on Jun 29, 2018, 2:05:28 PM
"

Yes they removed the requirement.
But they said that some people could level so fast that the 4 hours it took to farm wasent penalty enough.
So the average hillock spawn will take longer time than before.
really? I have done this twice, and both sets of three characters are a lvl 9.. screw this I am done. literally, I am done. I watch everyone find all this rare and unique stuff and can't figure out how.. isn't rng the same for everyone? if so I am very confused. I have played in every league and cant afford or find anything to get close to the end game...
I have had 3 drop so far. 1 a bar into level 7, 1, less than half a bar into level 8, and the last one about 40% into level 8, each one better than the last. Last one rolled 9.35, 87%. Sorry it is taking so long. I just watch/listen to Youtube while I do runs knowing it is going to be quite a while waiting for each drop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info