So now that PoE has a AAA budget, when will we see AAA production quality?

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

If that's unrealistic, it's better to make PoE2, then. Or reduce fucking clearspeed in PoE, to match engine's slowness!!! If they really want to make a FAST GAME like they trying to do, it's time to change engine!

Or its time for you to change the game? Take it or leave it, your expectations will never be fulfilled anyway so thats the only 2 options you have.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
If that's unrealistic, it's better to make PoE2, then. Or reduce fucking clearspeed in PoE, to match engine's slowness!!! If they really want to make a FAST GAME like they trying to do, it's time to change engine!

See, I don't think GGG want to make the game super fast, per se. They just accidentally let the clearspeed genie out of the bottle (1k balance team etc), and now there's no way to put it back.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

See, I don't think GGG want to make the game super fast, per se. They just accidentally let the clearspeed genie out of the bottle (1k balance team etc), and now there's no way to put it back.

I dont believe that. They made so high damage scaling with so many "more" multipliers, so many XP globes (sorry, enemies) on maps, flask mechanics, AoE skills littering screen everywhere, etc.
If they really want to reduce clearspeed, why dont add CDs/charges to all movement skills, why dont reduce mob density by 80%, and increase enemy HP by 500%? Why dont remove most "more" multipliers, and turn them into "increased" ones, so damage will be more linear? Why making all map mods act like "more damage" multipliers, so with a bit of bad luck even tanks get oneshotted? Why allowing players having 300%+ movespeed?
Only idiot will believe, that they dont want clearspeed in their game...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

I dont believe that. They made so high damage scaling with so many "more" multipliers, so many XP globes (sorry, enemies) on maps, flask mechanics, AoE skills littering screen everywhere, etc.
If they really want to reduce clearspeed, why dont add CDs/charges to all movement skills, why dont reduce mob density by 80%, and increase enemy HP by 500%? Why dont remove most "more" multipliers, and turn them into "increased" ones, so damage will be more linear? Why making all map mods act like "more damage" multipliers, so with a bit of bad luck even tanks get oneshotted? Why allowing players having 300%+ movespeed?

On contrary, only idiot will believe they want clear speed meta. They tried to slow down the game a lot of times but every time they try they get jumped on by players. You just spit "do this , do that" all the time but you dont even consider what players backlash would be.
"
Bluntexile wrote:
AAA scams is what i expect..
just take a look at the new mistery box,
you can now combine multiple things,
meaning you'll have to spend at least twice as much as before...

at this point anyone spending $$$ on this shit is part of the problem!

The ability to combine mtx is cool, it provides further customizable looks. What’s not to like about that? But I wouldn’t as I think the results look terrible, but others do enjoy so it’s all good and I’m all for that.

"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
GGG has two options here:

- work on their engine - effort for engine development + content
- use off the shelf engine - effort to producing content only

I would like GGG to just use off the shelf engine and focus on producing content. Patch after patch PoE becomes less playable for me. After the latest patch it's unplayable for me unfortunately - waiting for some fixes.

I think I got to a stage that I just don't want to play in constant lag spikes. I was more forgiving for a "small indie company" but now I will be looking forward to some big changes performance wise.

What I would personally like to see is PoE offline <wishes> ;)
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

GGG have a track record of failing to troubleshoot exploits in their own designs. Sextant blocking was a complete fiasco. They keep playing whack-an-exploit with Elder influence. And it's not a recent thing either, remember this shit?

They simply have no idea just how much the stuff they're putting in the game is going to increase the clearspeed meta, but they see that people like it so they put in even more stupidly OP shit for the next patch without realizing how stupidly OP it is. They accidentally attracted the zoom zoom crowd, and now they can't afford to let them go.
Last edited by suszterpatt on Jun 17, 2018, 3:48:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info